BLACKHAWK DOWN

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
I was fortunate enough to go to a private screening last night...colonels, generals navy brass, spec ops guys, paratroopers etc...WOW what a movie. Very moving . Very intense. Very close to the book. I kind of dont want to disrespect it by talking illumination, but....there were tac lights all over the place. One light caught my eye. It looked like a turlelite2 only with ribbing from end to end, not around the barrel. Very bright, beautiful beam. Check it out. They use it to examine the 2nd fallen chopper. I might just buy a T2...see the film, though

L.E.D.

Enlightened
did the beam have a central hotspot or was it a nice, even white circle of light? if it was the latter, it was probably a T2.

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
Man, that movie looks great.
Wanna see it soon. Out tommorow. Although i heard that it's all action, not much story. but i guess that's how it happened.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
The beam looked like full, even and white, no apparent hot spot. But, like I mentioned, the ribbing was end to end, not circumferential (is that a word?)
Dan..the action is the story...heroic effort to survive

D

**DONOTDELETE**

i just saw the movie ppl and i cannot wait for the dvd! This movie is absolutely amazing in every aspect. This is NOT a "date" movie. The lights that were used were really kewl!

JollyRoger

Enlightened
I doubt it was a T2....I don't think they're that popular (mainstream)...and they're certainly not bright enough for "military use." Just my thoughts...

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoff in Philly:
circumferential (is that a word?)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I can tell you for sure is that *I'm* circumferentialized.

Gandalf

Enlightened
http://www.lucianne.com/threads 2.asp?artnum=168428[/QB][/QUOTE]

Since the USA has arguably the most corrupt government on the planet, (can you say Enron?) and the film was made with the active participation of the US Government, and US Military, of course the film is going to be heavily pro-American, and anti-Somali.
That's a given. Add Hollywood, and any resemblance to the truth is pretty well obfuscated. Enjoy the action, ignore the politics. Over 2000 Somali died in this little 'fiasco', heavily weighed toward the civilians, BTW, compared to 18 US military combatants. Just my opinion of course....
wink.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
... Since the USA has arguably the most corrupt government on the planet ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gandalf, as so often, we Brits lag just a little behind you colonials.
frown.gif
wink.gif

I bought the book, and will see the film.
(I'm quite sure I'll enjoy it.)

And I'm not naive about military actions, whatever Nation takes the military action.

Some of the ugly Racism expressed on that discussion board is Evil. FACT !!

Jahn,
lightlover, member #260 CPF

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should not have posted that info. My apologies to those who think it was inappropriate for this forum.

I could say a lot, but this isn't the place for it. I lost two friends in that fiasco, and I know a little bit more about it than what comes out of Dan Rather's mouth.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are speaking of the PREVIOUS administration.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
http://www.lucianne.com/threads 2.asp?artnum=168428<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since the USA has arguably the most corrupt government on the planet, (can you say Enron?) and the film was made with the active participation of the US Government, and US Military, of course the film is going to be heavily pro-American, and anti-Somali.
That's a given. Add Hollywood, and any resemblance to the truth is pretty well obfuscated. Enjoy the action, ignore the politics. Over 2000 Somali died in this little 'fiasco', heavily weighed toward the civilians, BTW, compared to 18 US military combatants. Just my opinion of course....
wink.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

confused.gif
Huh? Stick to the flashlights Gandalf, as I'm not so sure we've got a handle on ALL the Enron facts just yet. Or are you privy to intel the rest of the free world isn't?

US Govt. the most corrupt? Perhaps. Why don't you take a stroll over to Mother Russia and give us all a hands on comparison test? Or maybe...uh nevermind.

I can see why you might feel our govt. is the most corrupt after what the Clinton administration foisted upon us. It's our own fault however as the sheeple voted for him...TWICE.

Yeah, I suppose the lives of 18 U.S. soldiers don't really matter when you THINK (or don't) about it. Afterall they were sent over there by our buddy Klinton and he WAS the leader of the "most corrupt government on the planet" wasn't he?

What the hell, lets just "enjoy the action" from our nice comfortable litte easy chairs while the media spoonfeed our feeble little minds!

Sorry Gandalf, but you brought that on yourself. That's "just my opinion of course".
rolleyes.gif

What do you say we get back to the business of flashlights instead of loading our responses with political agendas?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a question from just another guy, but a relatively old hand on these boards:
Gentlemen: do you suppose they might have a topic place on CPF called "Chit-Chat"-where just about Any ideas not particularly related to any kind of lights can not only be discussed, but welcomed?
wink.gif
smile.gif

-When I looked up at the very top label of this topic, I could have sworn it said "LED, Electroluminescent, and Lasers"
tongue.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Goodnight and good wishes to all.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a thought for you on this...

I'll make it in "Chit-Chat".
smile.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, ikendu, I just noticed I'm not the only one in Iowa with a flashaholic addiction...I wonder if State aid is available..........

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm.

Gov't subsidies for LED lights? Not a bad idea!
smile.gif

I live by Cedar Rapids and work at the University of Iowa...you?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Live near Quad Cities (Davenport) out in the country; strange lights have been reported in this vicinity of the back woods..........