anybody have good idea for led headlamp

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
i need it to work on my car. theonly one i have seen that looks worthwile for the price is the petzl tikka any suggestions??

remuen

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bushman:
i need it to work on my car. theonly one i have seen that looks worthwile for the price is the petzl tikka any suggestions??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the Petzl Tikka. Very small, light because it needs only 3 AAA batteries, comfortable to wear and bright. I would buy it again!

Forge

Newly Enlightened
I have a Photon Fusion and just love it. I find myself finding more and more uses for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bushman:
i need it to work on my car. theonly one i have seen that looks worthwile for the price is the petzl tikka any suggestions??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 suggestions: I did review a Lightwave Illuminator, and it seemed to be a good, durable light, but a little topheavy.

For a really cheap option:

If you have the time an patience to do a mod, I (and many others) replaced the incandescent bulb in the Rayovac "Adventurelite" kids headlamp from WalMart with a Luxeon Star (buy from Peter's website). This works very well and the total cost for parts was about $22. The headlamp is OK by itself (about the same output as a minimag) if you want to stick with it as-is. Not bad for six bucks.

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
If it's headlamps you're interested in, it's headlamps I've got...Petzls, Princeton Techs, Rayovac Adventure Lites, and many more...
For working on your automobile I'd reccomend a Princeton VorTech/Predator Pro 4AA incan. When I'm working on my car it's nice to have a beam that can shine up into dark places, and most LED's just don't cut it, especially if you're working during daylight hours. If you have your heart set on LED's, The Princeton Tech Matrix is by far, the most sturdy headlamp that I've seen, but it's not as bright as some of the others (Lightwave, BD Moonlight, etc.) The Matrix also comes with a bright incan. bulb too, while not nearly as bright as the VorTech, is still respectable. Lots to choose from these days!
smile.gif
Cheers!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you again all you have surpassed my need for info... i will look into some of these...