F.E.D. (Flame Emitting Diode)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the September 2001 issue of Designfax magazine (page 32):

joke.jpg

Btw, this is a joke. The website appears to require an email address to continue. I do not recommend you enter your real email address as they are in the business of matching sellers to buyers.

A FED would have been cool though. Finally fire could be produced without any consumables. Sounds like the first step in a non-newtonian spacecraft motor. Of course, it would also make for a cool lighter...

Of course any LED can be converted to FED operation by just giving the powersupply output knob a quick twist.

Peter Gransee

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I've made a few FEDs in my time; just forget to put any resistors or regulator in line with LED and hook up the power. The best was a Toshiba, I think an AND180HP that actually blasted the end of the epoxy lens off and shot flames for about 3 seconds.......

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Do that make these with outputs over 1000mcd? Sort of like a Nichia S rank?

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter... how about a special edition Arc FED for CPF members? With an HA finish, and, of course, with our names, addresses, membership number and a serial number on each unit.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter.... the more I think about it, you have another exciting business opportunity being placed directly in your lap with this highly promising "Arc FED" project. What a lucky guy you are!

You`ll have to do the CPF FED special edition, of course, because our whining about it if you don`t will make your life even more miserable than anything you even remotely experienced in the LS project.

Once the CPF project is done, though, you can then focus on the lucrative sales to the general public and to your wholesalers.

You can market the new unit as the "Arc Sure Fyre"! (Eat your heart out, PK, that you didn`t think of this FED project first!)

I want to become your Arc Sure Fyre distibutor for North America. Send me the necessary paperwork and I`ll promptly sign it and send it back to with my franchise payment. (Thank you in advance for your willingness to accept a promissory note with a 100 year term, with a large balloon payment at the end of the term.)

Wow, Peter, life doesn`t get much better than this!

Let`s go!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Arc Sure Fyre"! Thump. That's Lightlovers head on a wall for not thinking this up first.
Great post Carpe Diem.
shocked.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi phred and MY... I`m not greedy. I`m willing to let you guys in on the "North America" action if you`re interested. Just let me know. (Of course, though, you`ll have to co-sign the 100 year promissory note.)

Peter hasn`t contacted me yet, but I`m sure he will. What a lucky guy he is!

BTW, the beauty of "one time use" is that we`ll be able to sell the Arc Sure Fyre to the same customers time and time again. There will be absolutely no end to the sales.

What a great opportunity!

Peter... please contact us at your Sure Fyre North American headquarters soon. Quit playing around with the LS project. This FED thing is going to be big.

Let`s go!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh sure, then you guys will just go on and on about who's FED has the most BTU output..................

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
lambda.... with that kind of insight, I`m automatically putting you on the "North America" team... if you`re willing to go along with us on what is sure to be an exciting ride. Just let me know. (Of course, you`ll also have to co-sign the 100 year promissory note.)

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you should market a disposible 6 pack of FED lights attached to a 6 pack of Bud; I know it would sell to this crowd!

I can see it: Hey Billy Bob, grab me and you a brewski and let's see if we can weld this tail gate with the FEDs.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
lambda... on behalf of the entire "North America" team, let me say "It`s good you`re here!" Sales will now double.

Peter... let`s go!

MY

Enlightened
Announcing the new ARC FED.
It doen't weigh a ton of lead.
Doesn't promise to make you better in bed.
Comes in any color as long as it is red.
Brings long spent batteried back from the dead.
Your competition is shaking with dread.
Thank you Peter, your new model is way out a head.
Good night, sleep tight.

Yours truely,

Phred.
grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
MY, phred and lambda... with this type of talent, we can`t fail. I`m sure that Peter is extremely proud of all of us as we speak/post.

Peter...what a great project... and what a lucky guy you are!

Let`s go!

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Don't have a lighter? well, that's no problem! just get your Arc FED (uses one lithium D-cell?) and forget your lighter! (comes with 7 replacement FED's, they DO burn out rather quickly)

Looks like I'm not living up to my name....

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW... On behalf of the "few in number but brave in heart" present members of the "North America" Arc Sure Fyre team, we wish to extend an invitation to all fellow CPF`ers to join in this venture.

Sales will flow freely and you can share in the wealth. What an opportunity for all of us!

"So," she said with lust in her eyes, "you`re an Arc Sure Fyre distributor!"

MY

Enlightened
Real life stories of the ARC FED.

One day, I was hiking about 10 miles out of the trailhead and twisted my ankle really bad. I had to bivouc out in the cold that night. Unfortunately I forgot to bring matches to start a fire to keep me warm. I was pretty desperate, thinking that I would freeze to death. All of a sudden I remembered my ARC FED. I lit the ARC torch (more than figuratively) and was able to get a fire going. I got out the next morning but am convinced that that ARC FED saved my life. Thank you Peter for making such a life saving device.

ARC FED - don't leave home (on a hike) without one.
grin.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MY:
Real life stories of the ARC FED.

One day, I was hiking about 10 miles out of the trailhead and twisted my ankle really bad. I had to bivouc out in the cold that night. Unfortunately I forgot to bring matches to start a fire to keep me warm. I was pretty desperate, thinking that I would freeze to death. All of a sudden I remembered my ARC FED. I lit the ARC torch (more than figuratively) and was able to get a fire going. I got out the next morning but am convinced that that ARC FED saved my life. Thank you Peter for making such a life saving device.

ARC FED - don't leave home (on a hike) without one.
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's nothing, a few months ago all my family showed up for a barb-b-q and I forgot to get any charcol, and the wife was going to kill me. Well I managed to put together a small aray of FEDs under the grill powered by an old car battery. We never got the steaks done so fast before!