My wish list come true from Eternalight

KenBar

Enlightened
Sorry for the delay....I just got back in town.

OK....I got the go ahead for it but no details like name, exact price etc.
-----------------------------------------

It will be available for sale sometime next month...around middle of the month.

------------------------------------------

It is a new flashlight from the folks at Eternalight.

Pretty nearly indestructable Polycarb case..( made for the Destruction Zone )!

It will have a little bigger feet to make standing on end easier..
smile.gif

It will be brighter.. 4 lamps... 8CD vs 5.6CD used in current models.

It will have a built in magnet to attach when the lanyard will not work, or you can't stand it somewhere.

It will have better water resistance...

Stainless machine screws....

Better battery contacts.

It will have the features of the Xray thrown in to boot.

This will truly be the last flashlight that I get....LOL

I don't have power consumption data yet.
Some of this is from memory so don't nail me if it isn't 100% accurate. It is pretty close however.

KenBar

Enlightened
MAJOR OOPS!!! Sorry...
I misread an email....

There are NOT going to be 8 LED's but rather 8CD lamps not the 5.6CD used in the current models.

Is this how world wars start:
smile.gif

Everything else ok...I think
smile.gif

Brock... 3 batteries.
I think just a case desigh change.
I have not put an eye ball on it yet...I watch the mail every day. Soon I hope.

I guess you could think of it as a X-Ray on steroids. From what I hear, the tests the case has been through are 2X as bad as "Punishment Zone"
smile.gif
..really.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
MAJOR OOPS!!! Sorry...
I misread an email....

There are NOT going to be 8 LED's but rather 8CD lamps not the 5.6CD used in the current models.

Is this how world wars start:
smile.gif

Everything else ok...I think
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but you lost me...do you mean 4 8000 mcd...or 8 8000 mcd...and what type of bulbs could this be...Nachia 5600mcd`s...overdriven?

KenBar

Enlightened
Not 8 lamps! Sorry....

4 lamps but the 8CD lamps not the 5.6CD used in the current models.

As to type....not known at this time.

There has been one other case improvment I did not mention as I want to make REAL sure I got it right. I will update as I get info.

Ken

Spork

Enlightened
will those led's ever be mass produced like the 5600 whites? I wish I had an innova with 5 of them.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
Some of the better "S" ranks in any given batch can top 9,000mcd.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What??? How does one get a hold of these?
shocked.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lightboy:
What??? How does one get a hold of these?
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Large volume manufacturers usually get first pick of these. Somebody like you or me is probably screwed unless you have a person on the "inside" that can sneak you a few without losing his job.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Photon 2 white that was bright as h*ll...when you looked straight at it you would see moving rings of light...I`m sure it was just my eyes reacting but it was brighter by far than any single led I have seen since. I have gone through maybe 6 white Photons (giving them away to freinde and family) and this one was easily much brighter...I thought they were just improving them and all new one`s would be the same...after I realized this was not true...it was just a rare bird...I asked the girl I gave it to (my sister) if I could trade her a Photon 3 for it...nope...after the batts died she tossed the thing in the garbage..."I thought it was disposable"...I gave her a calender for her last birthday.

KenBar

Enlightened
Funny KenB!

Just got some great news!!! I will be getting one by the end of the week or first of next week!!!....

I will do as good a review as I can when it arrives. I am still not able to post pictures yet so if someone would volunteer, I would be glad to take a few shots of the guts/front/back etc.

I don't have the heart to beat it like Telephony does LOL, but I am really looking forward seeing first hand the design improvments. What I heard was an employee took one out to the parking lot, flung it as high up as he could, it survived the crash on concrete and then it got run over by al large truck and all was good.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken B:
I had a Photon 2 white that was bright as h*ll...when you looked straight at it you would see moving rings of light...I`m sure it was just my eyes reacting but it was brighter by far than any single led I have seen since. I have gone through maybe 6 white Photons (giving them away to freinde and family) and this one was easily much brighter...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bittersweet little story, Ken
tongue.gif

-You, like a few of us, were lucky enough to get one of those 7000+(?) mcd "S" Nichia units that come in 1-2% of the white Photons -even if it was just for a little while..
smile.gif
frown.gif
smile.gif
frown.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
so if someone would volunteer, I would be glad to take a few shots of the guts/front/back etc

I`ll be happy to help. I can stick`em here for you, or build a small seperate web page and link to it- it`s up to you. Let me know....

grin.gif

KenBar

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
so if someone would volunteer, I would be glad to take a few shots of the guts/front/back etc

I`ll be happy to help. I can stick`em here for you, or build a small seperate web page and link to it- it`s up to you. Let me know....

grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREAT! I will send to you. I appreciate the help! Now to just get it.
smile.gif

KenBar

Enlightened
Just got a few more details....

This may be of interest to save a few bucks.
There will be an introductory price...below retail...like the Zzzlite.

It will retail for $79.99
The introductory price will be $59.99. I will try and find out more regarding when orders will be unofficially accepted.

The name will be Model 4 Elite Xray.

One of the facts that I did not want to say till I was certain is this... I found the email...

"The screws are stainless steel. The inserts are standard brass inserts. But trust me, you'll probably break something before you can tighten it enough to strip."

It also comes with a "eternaLight" breakaway
lanyard.

I will try and post info asap... I do not how to place advance order just yet but I know it MUST be placed with them DIRECTLYduring next few weeks. I am gone all day in a new job so I only get to update this in pm.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it really be "significantly" brighter? When the eternal lights came out, I believe the Trek 7 was king. Since then the number of high and higher LED lights has increased substantially. Unless these new LEDs are indeed much brighter, you can now buy a brighter LED flashlight for a lot less money. I know the Inova X5 is substantially brighter then the eternal lights now available. I really thought eternal light would have come out with a higher LED number light by now.

Also is the output regulated to provide a constant output thru the life of the batteries?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the EternaLight Xray over the Inova X5 for a couple reasons. First, although the Inova is brighter, it's not *that* much brighter. More importantly, I knew that when I wanted real brightness, I would end up reaching for my Arc LS 123A, which is smaller, brighter, and less expensive to run than the Inova. So although top-brightness is always a concern, I figured a little extra brightness wasn't sufficient to tilt the scales in Inova's favor, as long as the EternaLight didn't fall below the cut-line in brightness.

Meanwhile, the EternaLight had a feature I really wanted, which is a way to control brightness/runtime. I use this feature all the time since I got my Xray, and I've found it fabulously useful. So much so that I can't quite understand why EternaLight doesn't get more press here!

The one thing I wish I could shore up is the high-end brightness. It's bright enough for many uses, but of course we always want more. If the new version can come close to the Inova, I'd be thrilled!