Anybody know this spotlight?

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Hi,

Does anybody know this spotlight and if it is any good?
It says 3 million candlepower, thats a 55w halogen or something?

spotlight.jpg

Kinda looks like a Thor.

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Guess not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh well, i bought it anyway.. anyone care for pics/beamshots? (dutch people?)
It's a 6v100w btw.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
12V carplug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It's charging right know, gonne take a while.. and sucks that it doesn't get dark until like 11/12PM.
Well guess i'll make some indoor beamshots first, against magcharger.
The reflector is what it appears also slighty textured.

K-T

*Moderator*
Coolest thing about it is the build in radio! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
IT HAS A RADIO! I didn't notice at first. Where is the speaker. Eh, now I have to go back to work on my HID Thor. A radio would be a very handy addition. BRILLIANT!

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Humm,

Appropriate THOR music may I suggest some Wagner Ride of the Valkyries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
lol yes a radio, but who needs a radio on a spotlight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
Anyway, like i said, the bulb states 100w, but at this moment (about 6hours charger of the 15) it has a very thin beam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
Oh well maybe it gets better when fully charged.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Ok i'm confused.
I bought this thing with the thought that it would blow my magcharger away, well it blows allright..
The hotspot is only a bit brighter than my magcharger, but the hotspot is also smaller /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Is this supposed to be normal?

larryk

Enlightened
I had a similar light, but without the radio. It had a very tight beam but was not bright, and did not throw very far. I think the problem was with the not to reflective reflector. Larry.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Thanks for your reply Larry.
The reflector is indeed not *very* shiny, a bit textured actually.
Could it maybe be that the battery (4amp) is not able to produce the amps to burn a 100w at full power?

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even at 4 amps, the battery may be a bit stressed, but it really still should blow away the magcharger (although the magcharger is a very bright light too with a highly stressed bulb). Are you sure the bulb says 100 watts (although as we've discovered in other posts, there are far east companies that will stamp whatever you want on the bulb).

There is an extra switch left on the Thor after modding it to HID, so I think a radio would be a nice addition, unless I can find room for a beer tap.

cheese

larryk

Enlightened
The reflector is the culprit. Mine did not have a battery, it used a 12 volt cigarette plug. I even plugged it into my Collins Dymanics, which is 14.4 volt @ 9 amp, and was very disappointed with it's output. Also it is a 100 watt automotive bulb. Larry.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys.

cheesehead; Yes the bulb says 100w, but i think Larry is right about the reflector.

Here's a pic of magcharger vs spotlight (mag on the left)
comp.jpg

It looks less impressive in real life.