• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHeart Pre-Order Now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
FINAL UPDATE 9-7-04 (this thread will be LOCKED after this and a new one started as it is way too long to read through):

The machine shop doing our LionHearts has been having problems with the anodizers (same shop doing the VIP accessories like the 2AA tubes, twisties and BBH, which are all STILL at that anodizing place!) so they have wisely sourced another outfit which they have used in the past and are a little more speedy. Still it is going to be four to six weeks out from TODAY due to the switch. Once all 1,500 separate parts are made (each LionHeart is comprised of three major body components - did I say this somewhere below already? - times five hundred total units) they get sent to the New anodizers, then they are sent to another place to get the laser etching of the LionHeart logo, then they get sent to me. But not to worry, once they are sent to me they will be thrown together (oops, bad choice of words), er, carefully assembled right quick and the first units should still be shipping in the two month time frame I have been estimating. I know I've enjoyed a reputation for "on-time or earlier" delivery in the past, but y'all may have to bear with me this time around as this is my most ambitious project to date, both volume- and feature-wise, not to mention a specialized logo (finally!) and it looks like deliveries will only be "on-time" this time around...(*sob*).

Thank You for your kind continued patience and understanding. I promise that once you get your LionHeart in your hands, it will all indeed be worth it (I have really GOT to think about setting up a part-time factory pretty soon. Of course the original HAT members will all be promoted to front line supervisors...). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UPDATE 8-31:

I just found out that during the anodizing process, the LionHeart's battery tube - plus certain other areas like the ground wire hole and of course the threads - can be plated internally with the vaunted "Allodyne" finish for corrosion protection & excellent grounding. It was suggested by the CNC shop as an alternate way (instead of the traditional masking process) to ensure non-anodizing of certain areas where conductivity is critical to electronical operation.

Although this will not affect the LionHeart's functionality either way, I think I will go ahead with it on the units that are to be HA3'd. For peace of mind, for the beauty of the golden Allodyne tint - it matches nicely with the muted gold color of the anode contact rivet on the LH board, rather than a plain solder blob like on the VIP (see below) - and just for the heck of it. The best part? NO extra cost!

Rivets.jpg

UPDATE 8-28-04:

Here is a simple format to follow (suggested by a fellow CPF'er, Thanks 4sevens!) to ensure you do Not miss any critical bits of info when ordering Your LionHeart:

(please fill out completely)
1) Shipping address
2) Registered CPF Name
3) Which FINISH (Aluminum or HA3 Nat)
4) Which ITEMS comprise your order:

Full Kit (light/charger/one battery) - $230
Light and charger only - $212 (limit one charger per light)
Light only - $175
Extra batteries - $18 ea. (no limit)

5) Shipping to US - $4.30
6) Shipping to Canada - $7
7) Shipping to all other international destinations - $9
8) Raggie's fund - $4 (or more if desired)

PayPal the total to [email protected] or if you are sending payment via regular post please e-mail (addy is in my profile, not the one shown above) or PM me first.

Thank You for your kind cooperation.

UPDATE 8-27-04:

There have been an inordinately large number of buyers who have Paypal'd yet left no indication of what color finish they wanted. Only to be followed up by a hurried e-mail or PM telling me which one they had intended to specify in their PayPal texts.

I KNEW this would happen, which is why on giant runs like this I try to keep options as simple as possible (such as finish color) and in this case I only offered two - HA3 Natural or plain aluminum. Yet even two have caused people to stumble in their headlong hurry to get their orders in early.

So tonight I finally had to write this in my latest post at the end of this thread:

You guys are killing me with these non-specified-in-Paypal-text orders.

It was funny at first. I figured I'd only have to remember a couple of names, but now it appears that reckless abandonment of any consideration for my sanity has taken place.

This now involves me matching each non-specified PayPal with an e-mail or PM (yes, you all have decided to make the search path as diverse as possible), mixed in with and obscured by hundreds of other e-mails and PMs. There is no practical way to link Paypal receipts with PMs or other separate e-mails, especially since my Paypal addy is different from my communications addy (changed due to unreasonable volume of SPAM).

I may have to set these orders aside and ship them last in order to not keep waiting unreasonably those who Have been carefully meticulous with their orders.

Especially should the scale of this thing grow out of control, since a projected maximum capacity of 500 units is what I will have on hand when all components arrive.

That's five hundred separate items, each potentially configurable in a multitude of custom ways (Full Kit, two batteries, one battery without charger, one charger no battery, plain finish, HA3 finish, etc., etc., etc.)!

Of course I will do my best, yet my best may not be enough. If I find that it really slows me down (or drives me insane) to an unreasonable degree, then again I say, I may sort through these orders last. That is all anyone could reasonably expect me to do...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif

To those who have not yet transacted, please pay particular attention to the details in your orders. Please.

Hopefully this will serve to help guide subsequent pre-orderers hencefoth.

Not feeling much Aloha tonight,

MR Bulk...

Oh, dang! Forgot about Raggie's fund! Make it $4 as long as all 57 people come through (and you'll get yore lights Last if'n ya don't!), there will still be a little shortfall after the Paypal fees but I'll cover it anyway since I want to contribute as well (can't be letting you guys have All the fun!).

Okay (deep breath), here we go:

Pre-ordering for the LionHeart is Now Open. There will be no "first 200" or other limitations, just that everybody please prepay for ONLY their one/first LionHeart on List #1. List #2 will come up after all List #1 lights are shipped.

The sequence in which completed units are shipped will be according to earliest transaction dates (PayPal). Those transacting by SnailMail will be inserted into the queue according to when their mail is received.

The price has been reduced slightly, from $233 down to $230 (plus shipping), yeah yeah I know, Wow, $3 bucks, big deal. Those who know me know that I have tried my best to hold the line on costs.

Whether PayPaling or Snail Mailing, please include the following in your text or accompanying letter:

1) verifiable shipping address (PayPal does this already)

2) CPF "handle" as shown on Sign-Up List #1

3) your Exact Order including

a) finish (aluminum or HA3 Natural)

b) charger or not (one per light)

c) number of batteries or not (no limit, 150A only)

Your PayPal text should look something like this:

Hi Charlie,
One complete kit in HA-3 with one extra battery, please. Thank you, Sir!
Joe Blow (JB on CPF) #2xx on original list.

The correct amounts are

a) $230 for Full Kit (LionHeart, Pila charger, and one Pila 150A battery)

b) $175 for LionHeart only

c) $18 per battery only

d) $37 for charger only, plus

e) shipping to your particular destination ($4.30 Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation in the U.S., $7 for Canada, $9 for everywhere else).

So for example:

Light only, shipped to the U.S. = $179.30

Full Kit to U.S. = $234.30

Full Kit to Canada = $237

Full Kit to other international destinations = $239

Light and one battery in U.S. ($175 + $18 + $4.30) = $197.30

Light and charger only, to Singapore ($175 + $37 + $9) = $221, etc.

Please use the following PayPal address:

[email protected]

And now it is My turn to stand by...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

UPDATE to come later this afternoon on finalized price, how to proceed with pre-order, and who is included in the first run.

I did want to keep it at a total of one hundred lights, but obviously the list ran a little over. As such I will keep it open for a while longer since

1) some will ultimately drop out

2) I have limited the purchase to one per person

3) it now appears I will likely have to build (*sigh*) more than one hundred anyway...

Oh well, at least that means the materials costs may drop a little more.

Here is what we have so far:

1 - rdf
2 - Prolepsis
3 - Yaesumofo
4 - BC0311
5 - wasabe64
6 - Francois1
7 - bwaites
8 - acusifu
9 - jdriller
10 - rfdancer
11 - bmstrong
12 - raggie33
13 - BRIGHTEYES
14 - LitFuse
15 - 83Venture
16 - daloosh
17 - FrenchyLed
18 - ZENGHOST
19 - neo_xeno
20 - Vifam
21 - Phylor
22 - javafool
23 - idleprocess
24 - MILKYSPIT
25 - mr ted bear
26 - BC0311
27 - Tech a Billy
28 - BigHonu
29 - BeagleLight
30 - Starlight
31 - mbs
32 - Scrappy
33 - Josey
34 - Zman!!!
35 - Beamer
36 - bryguy42
37 - CSchmelz
38 - RayO
39 - MY
40 - Luff
41 - springnr
42 - Sky
43 - John_bud
44 - sstrauss
45 - rick258
46 - sygyzy
47 - bajaiman
48 - gregw
49 - cue003 x 2
50 - flashlight
51 - Bullzeyebill
52 - Daz
53 - mut
54 - Blackbyrd
55 - Halibut
56 - Dallas
57 - bricksie
58 - Zymurgy
59 - marcspar
60 - Beretta1526
61 - D-LIGHT
62 - Chooch
63 - indenial
64 - avusblue
65 - flashworm
66 - oeo2oo
67 - BuddTX (two!!!)
68 - Point_Trinity
69 - Toaster
70 - Kfc
71 - kfasold
72 - Monolith
73 - mst3k
74 - Pi_is_blue
75 - benyosh
76 - Radagast
77 - delta
78 - BLGeek
79 - Keithhr
80 - jackal
81 - sslavers
82 - brnix
83 - jdb2
84 - Kevindick
85 - Erik Johnson
86 - kj
87 - SAS
88 - jtivat
89 - toyopet
90 - sebast
91 - Fitz
92 - impact blue
93 - don98
94 - Geode
95 - J Oei
96 - mudmojo
97 - red_robby
98 - Kier
99 - Crosman451
100- PeterB
101- Christoph
102- nikemboka

Thank You all kindly.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: LionHeart Sign-Up List

Oh yeah, one more thing - this thread is for listing only, please confine LionHeart discussions to the OTHER thread.

I will do bumps every so often to keep this from slipping off the page.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

And our very own Turt is now #103...!

To subsequent Future LionHeart Owners, you can simply sign on and put the next number in your post as I did for Turt above.

Thank You.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Charlie, howze about converting my 2nd (#26) to one designated for a raffle? I'll buy it and we can raffle it for CPF's and Operation Enlightenment's benefit.

It'll also give fellahs a shot at it for the price of a raffle ticket.

Just an idea, if you need to just move the others up, that's fine with me.

Britt

Red_Dot

Newly Enlightened

Charlie - pls put me down for one LionHeart, that makes me #104 right ?

inluxication

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Oh yeah, one more thing - this thread is for listing only, please confine LionHeart discussions to the OTHER thread.

I will do bumps every so often to keep this from slipping off the page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, like bumps will be necessary.

The light became multi-level. Sigh. Sign me up for the wait-list, then...

#106, please. (Or 107 if either coachbigdog or Red_Dot wishes to move on from 104 to another number. The sooner the better, guys!)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

#111 - now that's a good, lucky number. How about we serialize the LionHearts with these very same numbers?

Just kidding, just KIDDING!!!...especially since No. 001 will be mine!

marcspar

Enlightened

I did not know how badly I wanted two until Charlie limited it to one each....

(there must be a marketing lesson in there!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marc

Raindrop

Enlightened

Somehow I missed out getting on the list so please add me as well. Does that make me #112 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I will need to send you a PMO when you need the funds.

~Greg

B

BULLDOG

#113 - Dan at Tactical Warehouse (by proxy)

Status
Not open for further replies.