Mini-M*g 2AAA - How to mod?

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,
I recently 'acquired' a m*g 2AAA, and i wanna mod this sucker. im looking for a 3-LED arrangement. anyone able to help?
thanks

neg

paulr

Flashaholic
I've never heard of a 3-led 2aaa M*g mod, though you could do one. Joule Thief sounds like a reasonable approach. Just select the leds to have very similar forward voltage.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm........... i could do that, but the jt would add so much havoc, the tail cap would have to be wired, oh man. maybe some other time. damnit, i need a converter that will take 2 AAA input and put out 90ma @ 3.6v. (3x30ma...)

any ideas? i want something that can fit within the original spot and use original switch. i could just direct drive, but that's no fun.

neg

paulr

Flashaholic
A Lambda micro converter should be able to fit in there, and it provides enough juice to run a Luxeon at reasonable current. Expensive though. What's your attachment to the Mag 2aaa? Anyway, look at the Tektite LT-1, which uses one led. It fits in the regular minimag bulb socket. Maybe you could set up a JT circuit like that.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
uh, paul, the JT only runs off 1 cell. i know i could use a dummy, but my plans for jts are really over now. it sucks, i know, but i cant do it.

neg