Curious about modifying a Makita 18v flashlight

Domine

Newly Enlightened
Hey there,
I'm a newbie to this forum so I have a few questions to ask. I have been thinking about modifying my makita work light, possibly HID or something similar. However I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif wondering where I might get the parts for this. Also, is this even a thinkable mod? I have access to a milling machine and lathe, so I was thinking about an aluminium housing to attach to the worklight handle. Anyway, there I go rambling... any thoughts, suggestions, websites for supplies, hairbrained schemes, etc... are welcomed. thanx for your time reading this!

Domine

bwcaw

Enlightened
I have modified the 14.4v makita lights in the past. They are great lights to modify, i pretty much destroyed one in the modification process, but i did end up with a decent really bright incan light with a fairly wide beam. It wasn't a spot by any means (i used the stock reflector) but it was really really bright. I think i used a 55 or 100 watt 12v lamp in there. But it was quite impressive.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I PUT a 90 watt 12 volt Sylvania bipin in my 14,4 volt work light. Man it blows Smoke but over heats in 5 minites. Bright aint the word. Little sun. Good luck.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif