how do ya buy stuff from china?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im thinking a buying wallets or some small items i can buy in bulk and sell cheap.i prefare small items cuaase shipping will bew less maybe lasrer pointers but how do ya buy in bulk from there is there any places thast sell in bulk?

matt_j

Enlightened
Well before you even calculate the cheap shipping and who your merchant is going to be don't forget about customs.

Customs duties can eat your profit alive especially if by any stupid chance your item gets classfied into wrong category.

Example I was importing camera bags from england. When marchant put photo equipment bags I got charged one way, if he put that those were regular bags I was charged something different. On top of that when he said material was canvas I paid differently than when he said it was canvas and leather.

Just a word of advice since I had a successful internet bussines until all of that backfired and my profits went down big time.

Matt

raggie33

*the raggedier*
forgot about customs thanks for the advice.ill have to resaerch what to buy. i want items that are in big demand of course and cheap

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
Raggie,
Econemy of scale is going to kill you on this. To make it economical you would need to be buying full container loads of stuff. LCL (less than Container Load) shipping is very high. Your best bet is to get set up with a business liscence and a resale certificate from you state gov. This will open up a lot of whole sale opurtunities. Their are dozens of distributers set that serve the flea market and online auction markets where you can buy items for wholesale.