Magnetic Infinitely Dimmable Boost supply

*Retired*
Okay, here is version 3.

Running from off, all the way up to 1.5A into the LED. The video is jumpy, but trust me, it is quite smooth in real life:

http://www.molalla.net/~leeper/hipswm2.avi

If you don't have the Codec:

[ QUOTE ]
Lux Luthor said:
Nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Could you use it to dim the LED down infinitely? That might make installation easier in, say, a twist switch. I'd love to have something like that.

BTW, I needed a codec for the videos here, in case anyone can't see them. It's for .wmv3, and it works with higher versions of media player, even though it says it's for 6.4.

[/ QUOTE ]

raggie33

*the raggedier*
what size would it be how small coukld it be made its very cool btw

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That looks really nice! Anything to do with those Hall switches (If memory serves) that you posted about the other day? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Bart,

Thanks! I missed that one! This is the thread I was referring to.

Dang Newbie! Too Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Well duh! I missed that one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would love to see this circuit implemented in a light... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I would love to *try* to impliment one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Interesting
Would be an excellent Mod on Orb
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

*Retired*
I hope to get a ring machined today, so I can put a small magnet in it, and slip it over a Mag 2AA for a infinitely dimmable Luxeon MagLite. The fella has been busy as of late, so it could be delayed. Once I get it, I'll show the video of the flashlight. Most of the rest is done already.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoe
cannot believe i missed this and the previous threads. this is really nice. cannot wait to see the fully implemented one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
very cool.. i can't see the video so don't know how the switch works... any just pictures?

When i came up with my version of infinite dim for the aaa light, i first came across the hall effect sensors, but couldn't figure out a nice way to move the magnet from a twistie action.. turns out i went another route. I should have a prototype built next week and i'll post about it.