18650 host for E series

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I finally got around to making an 18650 host for E series heads. I have been intending to build a tube for some Saphion samples for many months now and finally decided to take the path of least resistance and mod instead of fabricate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

components.jpg

Aleph1-18650.jpg

Aleph3-18650.jpg

A 1" OD tube could be made to host the extra fat 168 Pila's and Copia's but it will likely require a finer thread tail cap and thinner O-ring for tail cap seal I believe. The 168's should have a slightly longer tube as well. One of these days.......

cy

Flashaholic
I was getting ready to sell my 6P, but this changes everything. What battery charger do you recommend for 18650?

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

When will it be available? There're so many PR/PR-T w BB700/750 5W out there are waiting for it. I definitely need 2 :)

Alan

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Charger? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I'll leave that up to Wayne. He has nothing else to do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I used a charger I got from Doug S. for bringing this cell to life. It isn't the right charger for the 3.2 volt Saphion but since the saphion can take a fair amount of abuse, what the heck! I have some other "full body" ideas I want to experiment with and then maybe make a determination as to what if any, next steps should be taken.

I *did* post this in the modified section here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif This forum is about mods and ideas to share with other modders. At this preliminary point, that's the extent of this mod. You may have noticed the brass adapter that I put the two stage module in. I soldered the PCB to the inside the bore of the adapter and it works like a charm!

akula88

Enlightened
Don,
What's the latest on that "head" on that third picture? Would that be the Aleph-3? But that's on 6P body and not on E-series? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
You aren't becoming one of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif rechargeable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif guys, aren't you, Don ??
Please reassure me ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

P.S.: the combo with the ABH (awefully big head) looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif though ...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Bernhard,

I'm just looking at all of the possibilities. I use rechargeables on many devices I use often. I appreciate lithium chemistry in all of its forms and also respect it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Still primarily a 123 kind of guy though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I guess I will need to take some beam shots one day of the 38 mm "ABH" and show that it is really a little giant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif There are times when a good flood of light doesn't make it to target and the beam needs to be focused!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Fully agreed on the "ABH" ... just being the bad guy and teasing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
I am in line ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ... with a 5W /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard