unversal battery warning

raggie33

*the raggedier*
on the 1st i orderd some unversal 123,s for my lights i ordeer em cod. to get em fast.i figure maybe ill get em on 7th at latest but i calll and they say it wont be here to 12th whcih i wasnt suposed to be here on 12th. but they came today early. and out a package a few where under volts and gave me very little run time. well thats scares me if i didnt check em all id been screwed if i needed them. reason i checked em is first batts i used gave me like 4 minutes or less run time the dealer was cool and sending replacments but i wont ever by that brand again!

Sharp

Enlightened
I had a similar experience some time ago, but I don't remember the brand... It's a pretty bad experience raggie... That's why there are no 123's in my house expect for Surefire, Duracell and some BatteryStation.

Anyway, you were lucky because I actually went camping with those faulty batteries I got and remember changing the batts in my Surefire's every 20 mins or so for a whole night's period!

BTW, what brand were yours?

Richard

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, I got the exact same problem!
I forgot the brand but it was one of these ebay ones...
Half of the cells were dead ones!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
should i go and use the good ones now?do ya think they will die soon?id hate to lose em all

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its worst now darn things the postive tab on bat hardly rases abouve the edge of batt. it like same level as edge of batt. so on some lights it dont make contact this stinks

Sharp

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
its worst now darn things the postive tab on bat hardly rases abouve the edge of batt. it like same level as edge of batt. so on some lights it dont make contact this stinks

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure does stink... What brand are they? Maybe this *could* explain something......

Richard

raggie33

*the raggedier*
stay tuned i emailed inporter they say theregoing to remedy this for me if it goes well ill update here.i got a fast reply from them and they was nice