IMS SO27XA reflector flaws?

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two IMS SO27XA reflectors from a CPF dealer a few weeks ago, just to fiddle around with.

I noticed that one of the two has two bubble-like areas on the reflective surface near the lip of the reflector which coincides with two black areas on the outside lip area. Something in the injection molding process caused this I guess?

Since they only cost $5.50 each, it would be kind-of a waste to ship one back, I think. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this manufacturing flaw from IMS and how frequently?

TheBeam

Enlightened
I bought several from him too. No problems. Maybe you could call/email him. Show him or us a picture. He might send you another. Let us know what happens.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TheBeam said:
I bought several from him too. No problems. Maybe you could call/email him. Show him or us a picture. He might send you another. Let us know what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I'm just lucky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen hundreds of these IMS 17mm reflectors and many had the flaws mentioned here. There flaws are only aesthetic though. They do not affect the performance of the reflector. I wouldn't worry about it.

I've also gone through bunches of PR's and finding one without any flaws was a rare thing.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Chop! Been missing ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

If anyone would know, you would. How many did you wind up modding for VIPs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Britt