Gerber infinity ultra

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
At the 2003 SHOT Show I saw a prototype of the new Infinity Ultra. This prototype looks like a AA version of the Gerber Sonic AAA. If this prototype makes it into production, I suggest Gerber calls the new light the Sonic AA.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Twist head is good I think, I can operate it one handed by turning the head with thumb and forefinger and gripping the body with the other fingers.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
PocketLights.com said:
If this prototype makes it into production, I suggest Gerber calls the new light the Sonic AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe they ought to call it the Gerber Dog Urinator AA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the old Infinity Ultra on my key chain. Its green and I polished out the reflector part around the LED. I aint never gonna part with it as long as it lights. If Gerber makes a BETTER one, I would get it. Having a EDC like that on hand all the time is very usefull.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

mitchfried

Newly Enlightened
The Peak 7 LED high power McKinley is roughly the same size as the Ultra, and in aluminum body, a little lighter. You give up run time, but you pick up much more throw and brightness. It has replaced the Ultra as my EDC. It's also much more expensive, but CPF members don't worry about such trivial issues like money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Ultra has really grown on me. I EDC an ARC-AA but the Ultra is also in a class buy itself. Great price point. Lately I must confess to ordering variant Ultras and the old Infinities and in different colors just because I probably won't be able to find them in the future.

Even though the ARC-AA is much nicer to look at, I like the feel and smooth one-hand operation of the Ultras.

Whatever Gerber replaces them with had better be good -- that's a tough act to follow. If it's not broke, don't fix it.