NightCutter NC005P Tactical Light or Inova X5-T?

Craig720

Enlightened
I've read some comparisons elsewhere in which the NightCutter NC005P Tactical Light edges just ahead of the Inova X5-T because (1) the NightCutter's beam is a bit brighter and (2) it has an anti-roll head.

Anyone here have both lights?

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I have both lights. The Nightcutter appears slightly brighter than my X5T, but not all that much. The beam also has a slightly purple-ish tint compared to my X5's bluish hue. The anodized finish on the Nightcutter is uniform and nice, but not as durable as the finish on the X5T. As far as size goes, the Inova X5T is just a hair longer than the Nightcutter 5P because of the Inova's rubber tailswitch. The Nightcutter doesn't have a rubber tailswitch, but you can set it for momentary on/off by turning the tailcap about 1/4 of the way from the "on" position. Turn it it counter-clockwise by 1 full turn and it prevents the light from accidental activation. The anti-roll bezel really doesn't do all that much in keeping the light from rolling away, but my Nightcutter has a sturdy pocketclip that eliminates that problem.

DSCN0185.jpg

I really like the light and find the sturdy pocketclip to be a huge plus. If I could make any changes to the Nightcutter, I would opt for a more durable type III HA finish. Otherwise, I think it's a great little light. Affordable, made in USA, lifetime warranty, water resistant, conveniently sized, and you can get yours personalized if you choose. What's not to like?

I can't wait for they're Luxeon light to come out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif