Slim-Fast Dumps Whoopi Goldberg

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because of her comments during a Democratic fund raiser last week, Whoopi lost her gig for Slim-Fast.

This makes me very happy since she has no talent, is not funny and uses her Hollywood personna to get away with slander.

I heard earlier in the week that the DNC (Democratic National Committee) asked her for a copy of what she was going to say at the event and she faxed them a photocopy of her bare butt.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Marty. I agree of your assesment of her. I still can't believe that the Star Trek people signed her on. What a riduclous character she had.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think she has talent she was amzeing in the color purple but thats just my opion

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaron

They never released either the video or any transcript but she made many, many derog comments about Bush and associated his name with a part of the female anatomy. It was in very poor taste.

Some of the attendees were disgusted by her comments and went on National TV giving some details.

Marty

paulr

Flashaholic
Maybe Slim-Fast will hire **** Cheney to replace Goldberg. It's surely classier to curse people out on the Senate floor than to make off-color jokes in a comedy routine at an entertainment venue.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Given that Slim-fast company president F. Daniel Abraham is a major Democratic donor who, with his wife, has given $1.2 million to groups working to defeat Bush, Whoopi probably more likely got dumped because of the demeaning jokes she made about Edwards that reportedly evoked an awkward (and slightly creepy IMO) defense of his manhood by Sen. Kerry.

Its would be a win win for them since Whoopi could be put in her place for publicly insulting Edwards, Slim Fast would be off the hook, and the Bush haters could say her termination was censorship for what she said about Bush.

Negeltu

Enlightened
All this political stuff is BS. She's a person and has opinions... big friggin' deal. And I actually like alot of stuff that she's done.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
They SAY that she was very drunk and swiging from an open bottle while doing the routine - something I read said that she is known to have a drinking problem

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I heard this on the news this morning.
Her role as Guinan on Star Trek:TNG was good; I wouldn't have imagined she'd end up getting {vulgar term for feces}canned from the Slim-Fast commercials. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I heard this on the news this morning.
Her role as Guinan on Star Trek:TNG was good; I wouldn't have imagined she'd end up getting {vulgar term for feces}canned from the Slim-Fast commercials. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig, I agree.

I loved her character on ST:TNG. She was very good in Ghost too, and Sister Act I and II. She has lots of talent.

I very much dislike the person, however.

Empath

Flashaholic
There were threats of boycotting the products from Republicans if they didn't remove her. Slim Fast's actions, while done with words expressing displeasure over her comedy routine, were simply the recognition of the impact of that threat. I have difficulty in getting too concern about a "poor little" spokesman of any product receiving a negative impact for their actions. It doesn't really matter if there's good reason for actions, or whether it's callous. Anyone acting as a spokesman for any product has to recognize that their activity reflects on and impacts any product they're hired to represent.

That's not saying I endorse either her actions nor the threatened boycott. They both acted within their rights, but should recognize there's ramifications to actions. Every action has a cost, and the cost needs to be considered in planning the action.

The Story