SO17XA & UCL Fit In Longbow Micra

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Need help from guys who have SO17XA reflectors and UCL lens in their Micras.

The SO17XA reflector's diameter is smaller than the Micra stock optic and its also slightly taller also, protruding out a bit. The UCL is thicker than the stock lens, a thinner o ring is provided with the UCL.

As the SO17XA reflector has a smaller diameter, there leaves a gap and it wobbles or some say rattles in the micra, when I tighten the bezel, the o ring get squashed into the gap, and pushes the reflector causing it to slant a bit and resulting the hotspot to be off center.

When I use the stock o ring, the bezel can't screw down fully, leaving an obvious gap.

Temporary, I used a smaller o ring I savaged from an AA Mini Mag and placed it over the perimeter of the SO17XA reflector, increasing its diameter and filling up the gap so it doesnt wobbles or slants. I read somewhere here that someone use tape to wrap around the reflector to increase it's diameter??? I then used the o ring provided with the UCL which is thinner than the stock o ring. But the problem is that the bezel still can't screw all the way in like it did with the original optic and lens.

How should they line up? What should be the correct way to do it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Eric_M

Enlightened
You can also add 1 or 2 turns of tape around the diameter of the reflector to tighten up the tolerances.

I'm using the exact setup described in his post.

When I tighten down the bezel it centers and holds the reflector in place. I'm using the accessory o-ring to fill the gap between the bezel and the body.

It's a very nice combination.

albert

Enlightened
I'm using the S017XA & UCL in my Micra, both items are from flashlightlens.com, so far so good. I can't remember whether i replaced any of the orings, sorry about that. No gap here.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
I tried Chris' method, but I dont like the big gap nor the idea of putting the o ring in the exterior to fill up the gap, o rings should be inside, with the threads...

I revert back to what I was doing earlier.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you guys could find a way to press fit the reflector in the barrel, then #30 o-ring plus UCL works perfectly (tight fit with no gap).

AK

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't too sure about using the o-ring on the outside of the light, but I tried Chris' suggestion, and I have to say that it looks pretty nice. The o-ring that Chris sent with the light lies almost flat -- just enough of a bump to provide a bit of a grip.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
In fact placing the o ring on the outside also serves as a cushion if you drop the light, provided it lands that way.

I don't think it enhance the look with the o ring on the outside, but that's just me. Anyway, I reassembled it again with what I was doing earlier, this time round I managed to tighten it till its fully screwed in. There is no gap and the "Caution Hot Surface" print on the bezel cap and the "Longbow" print on the main body is aligned straight. I am very happy with this.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Does anybody have these damn reflectors in stock? Everywhere I look they're gone. And I still haven't seen any of the 20MM reflectors. I was really hankering for one of those too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
ok, flashlight. your avitar is goofing with my eyes!!!

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, it is not a gif, it's a jpeg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeah it got same reaction where I copied it off from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

albert

Enlightened
Just bought a black LB Mini this afternoon for SGD$120. Nerd will be assembling a McCapsule with DB700 & TY0K for it soon.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Yeah, where you bought it from? I SMSed s2k asking if he still selling Longbows, but no reply...

Ended up paying more Sing dollars to those local distributers here.

albert

Enlightened
i bought it from someone in sing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

That someone still have a few Mini left with old price tag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

PM me your contact if you want to get a Mini. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Ohh not getting mini coz it is not regulated.

At the moment no more Longbows for me, I think the Micra is the best in its current line of products. See how is the Max when it comes out.