M*glite 1D Threadsize?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who have modded a M*glite to 1D, I would like to know if you can tell me the threadsize for the tailcap. I'd like to cut one as I have a spare barrel at home and want to know what size tap I would need, or if there's anything else you would like to share about the process.

Thanks!

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened
Same here... i have been thinking about modding a D size mag to make it 1D and use one of the Elektrolumens new 3AA to D adaptors for a super bright and super compact D size light. I hate how mag is so wasteful when it comes to the size of the light, in my opinion there is WAY to much space wasted for the switch compartment and tailcap. If it wasn't to difficult i would like to scratch the stock switch all together and chop both ends of the light so that it is as small as possible and incorporate a tailswitch into the design. Would i be able to buy the tools for the job at a Home Depot, or a Canadian Tire?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
hmm, I cant remember off hand,,, i THINK i have that written down somewhere at home, cuz I have rethreaed one once.

Ill check tonight.