New rechargeable Twin Task

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in Outdoor World this weekend and I saw a new, rechargeable, titanium colored Streamlight Twin Task hanging on the wall with the rest of the Twin Tasks. It claimed 80 lumens forthe incandescent I think, and looked like a 2L on steroids. I can't find anything on their website or with a search on CPF. Anyone tried this yet?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, check this out:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=50079&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

59.99 with batt and charger. It's longer, has 6 leds instead of the 2L's 3, and offers a 50 minute xenon runtime.

Could be a good deal if you're a heavy user in that it will offer a bit more output consistency to the xenon beam due to the rechargeable batteries. I'm assuming they are using multiple cells in a stick, but I suppose it could be a single li-ion cell. But I doubt it.

Chaz

Newly Enlightened
From the description and length it looks like a TT 3C that someone, probably other than SL, has fitted a recharagable battery to.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's the one. I wonder why it's not on Streamlight's website yet. Outdoor World/Basspro didn't have very good prices on the twin tasks. The 2L was 49.99, I picked one up a while back at Botach for 24.99. Maybe the rechargeable will be 30 bucks at the discount online stores.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chaz, it was in the normal Streamlight twin task sealed blister pack and looked packaged exactly like the other twin tasks. It was definitely from Streamlight. It looked smaller than a TT 3C. I have one of those too.

Chaz

Newly Enlightened
Stingray,

Right. I need new glasses. Looked at the url Phaserburn listed and saw a 9 inch length. Looked again and see that it is 6.97 inches - missed the 6 before. That puts it around the TT 2L size, although with a slightly larger diameter head by about 1/4 inch. Wonder if it uses the same or similar battery as the Strion?

Chaz

chrisse242

Enlightened
Another proof that streamlight is working with nuwai when it comes to led-lights. They have a rechargeable version of the AL606 for quite some time and the charger and battery stick of this light look very familiar to me. The AL606 has always had six led's, was a little longer than the 2L but in everything else it's the same. (Actually not, it's brighter in xenon mode) Since the Al606 is a little to big to carry it in my opinion, this light would only make a good "light to keep in the car or at home and use it on a regular base".
Nothing I would want to carry.

Chrisse

paulr

Flashaholic
Quibble: that doesn't look like a rechargeable flashlight to me--the battery has to be removed for charging. I think of a rechargeable flashlight as being like a Stinger, where you slap the whole light in the charger, instead of having to open it up for charging. Best is if you can just leave it in the charger whenever it's not in use, so it's always ready to go.

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
Strange - I've seen that light listed by them for about a year or so. Only recently available, but they've been advertising it for some time.

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight is having that light produced in order to target the large retail outlets such as Bass Pro, Cabela's, and posibly Home Depot. As a distributor for Streamlight we received one shipment of 100 units and were told not to ask for them again, that the order would not be filled. Strange if you ask me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dimensions are exactly same as AL606 which use 3x4/5subC.

606.jpg

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I think Wylie did a group buy or something like that on these Nuwai lights awhile back. I think I remember him having them for sale at least. Haven't seen him around for awhile though.

bmsmith

Enlightened
The AL606 is the Lithium version of the light.
The AN606 is the rechargable version.
Both are made by Nuwai, and as many agree, I think Nuwai is the real manufacturer of the Streamlight TwinTask series of lights.
GoldenGadgets sells these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=2791600199

So, I'd say this is a new rechargable from Streamlight, but the AN606 has been made by Nuwai for some time now. I bought one last year.