Been gone awhile, need suggestions on a new light!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all, I have been gone for about 4 months from CPF. I currently carry an arc 4 and a E2e with the DB 917 PR-T Lux 3
I also have have a stock KL 4 and A stock Tigerlight.

I am basically looking to add something to my collection, but have no Idea what has been released in the last 4 months... I am up for something that would be less than $100. Mod or otherwise.
I would prefer something that is pocketable... Thanks for your help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if it fits all of your criteria, but a lot of Nuwai's recent lights might be worth a look. All those I have encountered have been very well made (need better lenses though!), and great value for money.

The ALX-113AA Review here: http://zelandeth.artamir.org/cpf is a good example of that. Admittedly, the beam could be better, but I believe that high dome emmiters are now being used (I cannot confirm that yet though.)

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Been gone awhile, need suggestions on a new li

Hmmm- Longbow Micra? With SO17XA and UCL lens of course. Under $100.00, pocketable, nice overall 1 watt LED light. Lots of threads in the last few months.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where to look for the longbow? Sounds nice, does flashlightlens.com carry new lenses for it?

How would it compare against the Arc 4? in addition, what is the advantage of this new x17xowhatever reflectors! THANKS!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got mine from HERE and there's information about the SO17XA and UCL HERE and HERE and more good info HERE That should tide you over for a little while! Any other questions, just ask!

Edit: Here's another thread that I started and just updated that might help:
HERE

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Bushman,
The so17xa reflector is very similar in performance to the Arc4's reflector. Since you already have the Arc4, the LB will be somewhat of a duplication for you although the LB offers more methods of attachment and deployment than the Arc4.

Some guy around here is now offering two stage switch modifications to the E series tail switch which would give your E2e-PR-T a low level output as well as the high output it currently has. I believe Roy did a run test with this combo on low and found around 30 hours of use on the low level. Seems like a good idea to me but then I must invoke my sig line here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

ok ... the essence of this shy post is that you click here to view the McE2S offer and buy one!

Bushman, these switches / tailcaps are a little revolution to our E-Series bases LED lights since they basically turn them into modern 2-stage devices with all the associated benefits!
I love them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Apart form that, there is, or was, the VIP (MrBulk), there is the Fire~Fly MkII and there will be Aleph Series for the McLux and the LionHeart of MrBulk.
And much more I am too tired to remember ...

Welcome back!

bernhard

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want a new incandescent to add to your collection, the Streamlight Strion may be a good bet. Finally, a Li-Ion based torch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Surefire, are ya listening?