H & M Contest Class 1 VOTE *DELETED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtice

Flashaholic
Re: H & M Contest Class 1 VOTE

It might be a good idea to place links to the items to be voted on here.
(I would do it now, but I am just popping in for a moment from work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

oh,,, and BUMP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

djpark

Enlightened

I voted twice with different vote on purpose. No complaint and both said "your vote has been accepted".

Is there a mechanism to reject a double vote from a same member?

pbarrette

Enlightened

Hi Greg,

The text of (or near) the "Submit Vote" button should have changed to state that you have already voted in this poll.

Unfortunately, I also voted in this poll from my computer at home. But now that I am at work, it looks as though I could vote again.

I read something about this issue with UBB.threads somewhere recently. It has to do with the polls being configured such that unregistered users may vote. If it is configured that way, then the double-voting security is done by tracking IP addresses. The problem is that some ISP's use proxys (AOL is apparently the worst) and that it is possible that a single user may have a new IP reported with each page reload.

Apparently, the solution to this is to set up the poll/polls such that only registered users can vote. Then the multi-vote security is handled by username and thus prevents the same user from voting more than once. Unless that user has multiple accounts here, but that would be really shady and is probably addressed already anyway.

pb

evanlocc

Enlightened

Suggest to put a link next to the topic, so the later comer will have a better idea then to cast a What that vote.

Just my 2 cents suggestion and thank for hosting this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Bernard,

I set it up so the results wouldn't be viewable until after the "election." Seemed like the thing to do?

All, Please read my last post in the Contest thread, I've got a problem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Larry

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Votes accepted from (20/07/04 07:42 PM) to (27/07/04 04:00 PM)
You cannot view poll results until the poll is over.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Houston, Larry has a problem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

Not anymore,,,
I withdrew my entries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am very sorry for the confusion and troble, how I missed that damn rule I dont know, I have been known to skim things alittle too fast at times.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.