Any interest in custom 123 battery spacers?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently came up with a simple and lightweight battery spacer for 123 battery lights. Uses a pine or fir round body with an aluminum conductor going through the center, with slightly rounded ends. Saves someone the trouble of buying an SF spacer, cutting it down, finishing, and re-shrinkwrapping it.

I've made a couple so far to make up the difference between 3x123 and an SF B65 pack. Lets you turn a 6R, rechargable 6P, or rechargable G2 into a 9P with the addition of a P90 bulb. I can also make any length anyone wants from about 1/4" to around 2".

Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place, I haven't done mod stuff before.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Well you got me thinking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I may be interested in
the the 3x123 to B65 for the 6R also a spacer half the size of a 123 at least one of each possibly 2 of the 6R model. Please feel free to send me A PM with details if you wish.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may be inundated with some requests for 1/2 123 size spacers, for the Lion Heart. They would be to make up the difference between a 123 and a Pila 150a, just in case some people want to run the LH on a 123.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I was looking at the M4 I run on 3 168s with 2 A19 adapters
thinkig I could use 3 150s and pull one A19. I am on the list for the Lionheart but I plan on using the 150a or the 150s I got some of both already.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rookie

Enlightened
I'll be interested in a couple of the 123 spacers to use 3x123 on the G2 w/B65 pack. Please let me know if you plan on making these.

Thanx,

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an update, price has been set at $3.50 each. The first batch has been completed, currently working out the details.

If anyone else wants one, PM me or post here.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Dang ABTO, I don't think you realize it but you just opened yourself up to making nearly 300 - of the halfsies, anyway... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bindibadgi said:
You may be inundated with some requests for 1/2 123 size spacers, for the Lion Heart. They would be to make up the difference between a 123 and a Pila 150a, just in case some people want to run the LH on a 123.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! I would like to have a couple of these 1/2 123s, ABTOMAT !

I'd like to Paypal you for them before I leave the country on Thursday for a while. No hurry on them though, I'll be using them with the LionHeart.

Britt

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gack, production has hit a snag. I ended up going through my first bag of the special aircraft rivets I'm using as conductors. Opened up the other bags, and it turns out the remainder are a little _too_ special! Rock-hard brittle alloy that can't be worked by hand.

The upshot is that until I can locate a new rivet supplier, no more spacers. If you haven't PM'ed me yet it's too late. Sorry, big time.

Oh yeah, if it comes to making 300 of these things I'll have to start making SF-style turned 'n wrapped spacers. The current design is set more for ease of small batches.

Topper, looks like we're all set. Thanks a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, ABTOMAT, I'll keep looking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news. After a brainstorming session with R&D (also known as, "waking up with a new idea") I'm putting the QuickSpacer v1.5 into production. It it similar to v1.0 overall, but removes much of the old-world-craftsmanship manual labor and doesn't rely on Area 51 surplus rivets. Should be a little faster to make and looks a little better.

So PM me if you want one. I think I'll limit two per customer for a moment.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
spacers.jpg

rookie

Enlightened
Looks great.

Did you get my PM response? And how do we go about paying you? Do you take Paypal?

Thanx again for the great job.