SF Bay area get-together for august???

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Hi Folks,

Is there an interest in an early August get-toghether for the bay area? I know the Cambria gathering will be in early Sept, but not all of us are going there.

The weather should be great in August for an outdoor gathering. The moon rises after 11 PM starting Aug 5th, with sunset about 8 PM. On the 14th, the moon does not rise will the wee hours of the morning. I like the 7th and the 14th.

Does anyone want to host a gathering? I will chip in for Pizza, burgers or whatever for eats.

Daniel

unnerv

Enlightened
I can't do the 7th but the 14th would probably be okay. Lemme double check with the official scheduler. We can probably do it at my house again if we want to do it the 14th. Also weekdays, if easier, are also open. Usually the only days we have stuff going on is Monday's and Friday's.

unnerv

Enlightened
Looks like the 14th is OK with the scheduler. So if that is okay with everyone else we'll start planning for that day or we can try for a weeknight if that is better for more people.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for the 14th. I have some great hosts for the raffle for you modders. Also, I finally got my Dragon lights from Barbarin - woo hoo
banana.gif
happy14.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good for me so far. Right in between my vacations. Good timing!

Wayne

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Speaking of give-away...

I found the folding LED lantern (everready???) that uses 4 AA batteries today for less than 5 dollars at Office Depot. I bought one for the giveaway/door prize.

Daniel

unnerv

Enlightened
Just a bump since the old get together thread is being hijacked by DarkCobra and myself for airsoft talk and shows up in the latest threads under the original title.

Back on topic, any ideas on what we would like to do for dinner? This seems to be one of our tougher decisions for the group. My suggestions:

BBQ dogs and burgers
Hawaiian Drive Inn again
Pizza

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I have been holed up too long and should break out even if the work isn't done. I am going to give it my best shot to make this. I'll even check with our friend in So. Cal to see if I can give any sneak peeks on his behalf.

unnerv

Enlightened
Whoo hoo! Don always has the best toys for show and tell...too bad we can never repeat what is seen and said, but I guess that is part of what makes them cool.

Hope you can make it again to my humble little workshop.

Patrick

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
unnerv said:

Back on topic, any ideas on what we would like to do for dinner? This seems to be one of our tougher decisions for the group. My suggestions:

BBQ dogs and burgers
Hawaiian Drive Inn again
Pizza

[/ QUOTE ]

Scratch pizza - we had that last time. Another possibility - Chinese, Thai, Korean, or Indian take out.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
ooooh Pizza from scratch! oh. That's not what you meant?

I like the dogs and burgers idea. Can we count a BBQ grill as a primitive flashlight? Cheap enough and yet always tasty when someone else makes them.

Daniel

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
If gadget wants dogs and burgers, I can go for that.

If charcoal, I've got an extra bag I can contribute.

unnerv

Enlightened
I BBQ with propane so no charcoal needed. I know die hards swear by charcoal, but there is something to be said about being able to cook in 10 minutes from lighting.

unnerv

Enlightened
I would say if there is anyone who is a veggie only, we can either get boca burgers, or if being on the same grill with meat is too much for them (I know some vegans...) we can order a veggie pizza for them. I don't think anyone at the last get together was a veggie tho. They will just need to speak out and let us know a head of time and we can accomodate them.

Daniel, don't worry about food, I have it covered. I had planned to make a big costco run anyway since I have a BBQ on sunday too. I'll just need to know by the Wednesday before the meet who all is coming so I know how much/what to pick up.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...
What day is this gonna be..the 7th or 14th (DanO is attempting to invite himself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

If anyone wants to fiddle with a SF Hellfire....

But, I'm going on a road trip one of those weekends, but not sure which...

--dan