Got a green laser device from Atlasnova!

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened
I recieved my green laser "device" from Atlasnova http://www.atlasnova.com today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I had been thinking about getting a green laser for a while now and I didn't realise they had come down in price so much, so I thought i'd treat myself and get one of the "special" ones. Check out the postit - 17.8mw, it most definately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gifs! I'm not sure what the C on the post-it means.
I can see the laser beam quite clearly indoors and outdoors, without any smoke. Indoors I can see flecs of dust sparkle in the beam. Outdoors it's visible for as long as I can see, and if I wave it side to side quick enough I can project circles like at a laser show. Here's a couple of photos of it. Unfortunately I couldn't take any photos of the beam because my camera cant see as well as I can. I think it's quite cool that the danger sticker had "manufacturered for Atlasnova" on it.

green1.jpg

green2.jpg

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the c stands for crome. Arnold's lasers certainly do rock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

WB

Newly Enlightened
cybersoga
How much are these high power green lasers??

Thanks Bill

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened
it varies depending on the output, mine was the most expensive at $209, but I thought it's still much cheaper than I was expecting to pay and it is cheaper than "modified" 15mw lasers you can buy elsewhere. These lasers arn't modified, so they don't risk shorter battery life, heat problems, the diode burning out etc. I think it's amazing that such a powerful laser can come from such small batteries!

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
How big a difference is there between a 15mw and a 5mw laser?

If anyone says 10mw... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can anybody compare them side by side?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
lasercrazy said:
I think the c stands for crome. Arnold's lasers certainly do rock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The "c" might also stand for "continuous", vs. the pulsed DPSS green lasers you can get from other sources.

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened
I compared my laser with a cheap "Changchun" pointer that somone else had at a party last night - no competition, my laser wiped the floor with it - had to be 10x more visible! very pleased with it. I had fun making laser tunnels though the smoke coming off a camp fire, looked amazing.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Lasernerd said:
any increase in power would mean the diode is drawing more current modded or not!

[/ QUOTE ]

It could also mean that the optical alignment is better, or that there's a sweet spot in the crystals. Either would result in more output for the same amount of current.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really saw no difference when comparing a Z-Bolt 20mW with a Z-Bolt 5mW.
Perhaps throw is increased but beam brightness and dot size were almost identical.

hpcjerry

Newly Enlightened
I compared my ~10mw atlasnova vs a 5mw atlasnova and the difference is quite obvious when they are viewed together - brigher beam and brighter and fatter dot on the 10mw when seen in the dark. Viewed in daylight the dot is about the same size, just a little brighter with the 10mw. Viewed one at a time, the difference becomes less obvious.

Quazar

Enlightened
I have been fortunate enough to have had a play with this laser pointer. It is most certainly the most impressive device of this type I have ever seen. Nice one Cybersoga.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
20 vs 5 mw, there's no noticable difference. 10 vs 5 mw, and there is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Anybody want to send me two green lasers so i can see for myself?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif