Flashlights on COPS show

Status
Not open for further replies.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last week I was watching cops and noticed more and more patrolmen carrying multiple lights. seems the episode I saw had cops using the rechargable stingers, can't remember the model {long body with colored lens ring and tailcaps) and having a 123 powered light on the belt.
Heck, I popped a woody when one officer was using what appeared to be an E1e for close up, interior car search. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Anyone else notice this?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking from my end, most of my coworkers carry only one light (Stingers). A few will have a spare light in the warbag.

--Dan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a PILA GL4R on my belt. Used to carry my 8NX. Then I had my G2/G2Z and GL3R in the battle bag along with a Ultrastinger.
I've narrowed my back up light to a Surefire Z3 and a GL3Rx

I carry a few spare lamps and extra batteries as well a car charger.

Dave_in_PA

Newly Enlightened
I carry my own 6P on my belt, with my issued SL 20x. In my bag I carry my 6P+A19=9P with P90. On occasion I will bring along either an E1e w/KL1 or L4 for "playing".

Most of the guys on my department either carry a 6P, Scorpion, Stinger or UltraStinger on their belt. Add to this the issued SL 20x.

I agree with you and I am also seeing more and more quality lights on duty belts. Pretty cool, huh?

Dave

*edited to add:* I almost forgot...EVERYONE carries either a Photon or some type of keychain light too.

amlim

Enlightened
sorry ot... but i love the "cops" show.... i salute all the leos who make the streets safer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFires are being used more and more it seems by the mainstream. A lot of the SF (Security Forces, the latest name the Air Force calls it's police) here have bought their own combat lights and holsters. One of them who works nights though still uses a 3D cell Mag. Luckily this isn't a busy place for them a the actual LE mission is almost nonexistent, and anything else is supposed to be handled by us.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFires are being used more and more it seems by the mainstream. A lot of the SF (Security Forces, the latest name the Air Force calls it's police) here have bought their own combat lights and holsters. One of them who works nights though still uses a 3D cell Mag.

kfasold

Newly Enlightened
I carry two on the belt, one in the car, and an arc-aa in the pocket!

9P+ (6P w/L5 clickie tailcap & A19 extender, two 150s Pila batteries, and a P91 LA) for tactical / immediate use;

L4 w/Pila 168s & dual-level modded switch for general use

Arc-AA w/NiMh battery in pocket for backup

SL20X w/4500 mAh NiMh battery stick and SL-35 bulb in the car (since our alley lights / spotlights don't work most of the time)

kf

Defender3

Newly Enlightened
Germany (for now...tune in three weeks from now)
Usually the accepted rule is that "two is one and one is none", so most sharp patrolmen will carry at least two lights on their duty belt. I carry an L4 on my support side immediately in front of my radio, and an M6 right behind the radio in a Blackhawk pouch. I still have an old SL20 that is in my patrol kit along with a fully loaded SC2.

As for the Air Force SF guys starting to carry SureFires that Unicorn mentions, I suspect that is mainly because AAFES started carrying the G2, 6P, C2, and Z2 at the Military Clothing Sales stores recently. We have onesies and twosies who use the M3. My unit issues G2s when our troops head out the door for the sandbox, so those are becoming more common as well.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
For myself [working security] I have a G2 on the belt in a SF100 holster from greatholsters.com, and an arc AAA in shirt pocket as backup. Then there is a photon on my keychain, but I don't always carry my keys. In the car there is an Ultra G clipped t the visor as a dedicated car/interior light, a Scorpion, spare 123's, and a 3 D m*g with one 1D to 4AA adaptor and a 9v bulb in it. Finally a Reactor in the glovebox because I like it and the lith AA's last.

Status
Not open for further replies.