How many browsers do you use while on CPF?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really my business but, how many instantiations of browsers do you use while on CPF?

I used to use 2 but stopped because I was told it created an unessessary drain on horse power. It could contribute to the "too many connections" bug. I think my brain can handle 5 or 6 on CPF and similtaneously 2 or 3 on 7 other sites. But alas, I don't want to crash the board so it's just one browser for me. I just have to move my fingers a little faster.

What do you guys think? If you are in peek usage to you back off to one browser?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only use one window, but I wish I could do more. It would be nice to open up a forum, say the LED, and open up all the threads from it I want to read in different windows. That way I could close each thread after I read it, rather than having to go back to the forum index, and find what I have already read, and what I still want to read.

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
It would be nice to open up a forum, say the LED, and open up all the threads from it I want to read in different windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

YIKES!

Empath

Flashaholic
The "yikes" is because I prefer not to get a "too many connections" notice.

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
I use Firefox, so I only have one window open, but have a lot of different tabs open in one window which have different pages loaded.

Empath

Flashaholic
Tabs in Mozilla, Firefox, Opera or whatever is no different to the server than having several browsers open.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Normally, I just have one browser session open in CPF.
Only rarely do I initiate a second session; usually it's when I'm writing a flashlight evaluation and need to check whether a link to CPF goes to the correct place or not.
But yeah, usually just one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
What's the issue with multiple windows/tabs? Is there some scripting going on that maintains some sort of connection? My understanding of http connections is that they terminate as soon as data stops being sent - which should happen as soon as the page stops loading.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Hm - running a packet-sniffer shows no activity unless I refresh a page.

All activity on my end is a result of some sort of action, rather than "leaving a browser window open."

If it's the burst of connections from multiple windows/tabs, that's one thing - pay in load/bandwidth all at once rather than over time - but all activity is typical http GET's and the TCP data packets associated with the data sessions.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm on CPF now (but you probably guessed that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) and I have 21 browsers running. Only one on CPF though.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have four browser sessions running, but only one of them is pointed at CPF.
The other three are pointed at my LED website, Ebay, and the KCPQ-13 TV website.