A thread about Krill

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
krill_light.jpg

Well, I'm new here, so if this has been discussed previously please accept my apologies in advance. And, as a final disclaimer, I suppose there is a chance that amongst you more sophisticated photon collectors, these things are, well, just dumb.

But I Krill lights. I bought two on a whim, at an ebay auction awhile back and have since acquired two more. Sure, the colored ones are more or lless useles as flashlights, but the green ones, especially the extreme 180's make great if not superbly subtle, flashlights. I've found me invaluable for navigating around my darkened house without waking everyone else.

Anyway, I was just curious to know what the general consensus was on the Krills, i anyone cared at all and the thing I'm most curious about, if anyone knows if this technology has been used in any other lights. I'd be very curious to see a small, "personal" light made from this stuff.

Thanks very much.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a 180 extreme in green a few years ago. It's very easy on the eyes because it radiates evenly from a large surface. Not very bright, though.

It's very well constructed, and it's nice that it runs off 2AA.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I've got a green 360 that's very kind on the eyes and nifty piece of technology. They certainly have a place in any "Flashaholic's" collection!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like Krills, you might want to check out the Glo-Toob FX. It's an led marker light that's tough and brighter than the Krill.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Krill is delicious and nutritious! As population increases we'll all end up eating it for 3 meals a day! Why do you think that we are trying to kill off the whales?! So that we won't have to compete for their food! It's either that or soylent green...

oh, no, really...

I like my krill a lot, we use it as a nightlight for almost hotel we've ever stayed it. In the dark it's quite bright enough for that. ..