Costco is clearing out Mags!!!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Sort of. Right now, they're selling their 3D and 2AA set (with batteries) for only $15!!! The item # is being deleted (they're getting rid of it).

This must be one of the best Mag deals ever! (next to when target cleared out their 3D's)

What I was told is that they are getting a new set of them in soon (next couple of weeks) that will also include the nylon holster for the 2AA, and is supposed to be $20 like the old set was. So they need to get rid of the old set first. The price was $15 yesterday, and will keep coming down until all are gone.

Of course, every warehouse has it's own discretion about what price to set to clear these out, so your local warehouse might be more $$$ or it might also be less $$$. This is just an FYI to check it out! (my local warehouse is in S. Ft. Worth)

PS - Mags are only good for mods!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

zapper

Enlightened
Wooo Whooo !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif I agree that they are great only for modding as they don't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif out on you.!! Thanks for the heads up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

capnal

Enlightened
hey, LEDmodMAN,
Funny, I am sure I will run into you up there! Wife and I shop there usually twice a week on average. I saw that same Mag package this past Sunday afternoon and we too thought that was pretty cheap. I know what you mean about the mystery Costco clearance sales, how an item will keep coming down in price. Back when they had the Leatherman Flair, they started out at $19.99 and cleared them out for a final price of $4.99!! That was so sweet! We bought 15+ for Christmas gifts.

Anyway, that is what I was thinking on this Mag package. Just buy some to keep in stock for the holidays and use them as filler gifts. Most people will be thrilled to get that (non-flashlight savvy)!

Hope to see you up at Costco sometime, or maybe the Target next door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Ya, maybe sometime! We usually visit there about once a week, usually Friday or Sunday. Sometimes we'll go to the Southlake store on Sat. instead.

I didn't see the flair on sale, or I would probably have bought one, especially at that price!!! Their clearance and coupon deals are sure hard to beat. This last week, I got 2 25 packs of TDK DVD+R's for only $19 (buy one get one free)!

I used to live down there off of Bryant Irvin in some of the apts. there when I first moved here. I liked the area but traffic was a pita and houses were more expensive for what you would get in some other places around here. I now live up north, just off of 820.

I gather from some of your other posts that you probably the type of person who would visit Central Market on occasion? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Me too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

capnal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
Their clearance and coupon deals are sure hard to beat. This last week, I got 2 25 packs of TDK DVD+R's for only $19 (buy one get one free)!

I used to live down there off of Bryant Irvin in some of the apts. there when I first moved here. I liked the area but traffic was a pita and houses were more expensive for what you would get in some other places around here. I now live up north, just off of 820.

I gather from some of your other posts that you probably the type of person who would visit Central Market on occasion? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Me too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I totally agree, that when Costco puts stuff on sale, it is usually a darn good deal. I got earlier this year a 2 pack of Coast LED Lensers for like 18 bucks, and I am really pleased with them. In fact, as I mentioned that we were there this past Sunday, Costco had a $5 dollar off coupon for the Vector 1.5 MCP spot light. That would have made it only like $19.99! I did not get it becuase the wife recently had her spotlight (and tool set) stolen out of the back of the jeep, so we decided to pass.

Yeah, we live a few miles west of Costco, in Ridglea Hills, right behind Ridglea Country Club. Yes, the houses seem a little steep for what you can get elsewhere, but that's what they say, right? Location, location, location? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gifMy office is up on the north side of F.W., right near I-35 at Meacham Blvd. Small world, huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Love Central Market, too!! Burgers and Bock Rocks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a Group Buy and Pass Arround oppertunity for the modders out there. Better yet if the price drops ever further. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
capnal,
Funny! I almost bought in that area (also looked down South a bit further) but I really wanted to get something bigger. So I went North, and got nearly double the house and similarly sized yard for the same money, plus it's brand new (which also has it's downsides). I'm happy with it though, and getting to work is no problem at all.

You work real close to where I live. I'm off of 287(main) and 820, and I go west on 820 to get to work. Never been any traffic issues in 2 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I think just about everything at CM rocks!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Have you tried their new gelato bar? Mmmmmm...

Hey, we have someone here from Trinidad/Tobago!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I seem to recall seeing someone here from Martinique also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
I took my honeymoon in St. Lucia! I love that part of the world down there! :hammock:

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
capnal & LEDmodMan:

Wow, I'm close, too: work at 820 and Beach and live north of 820. Talk about 820 traffic, though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I usually hit the Southlake COSTCO. Is that where you saw the closeouts?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Closeout was at the Fort Worth store (verified yesterday). Not sure about the Southlake store, but last Saturday I was there and they were regular price then. The closeout might have just started, but FWIW I have noticed that the Southlake store isn't as good when it comes to lowering their prices when they're getting rid of an item. Maybe because they're a slightly larger store that moves larger volume? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif If you call their CS desk, they will probably tell you if they're on clearance.

Yes, 820 traffic E of 35W does really stink! I drive through that mess at least once a week (I go to church up North of the airport, and go 820 to 183 to 121), and it royally sucks! All because people don't know how to merge or let people merge!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif It makes no sense! Traffic will come to a grinding halt for NO reason... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

capnal

Enlightened
OK, I forgot to mention...
This past Sunday when I was in there, and saw these mags and the vector spotlight on sale, was also my first time to see the Streamlight 4AA 7 LED lights. I think they were $14.99, which is a pretty darn good price! However, bad news for me. #1 I already have one. #2 They only had the yellow & black (a.k.a. bumble bee) variety. I think another CPF member had started a thread some weeks or months back talking about seeing these at his local Costco. This was the first time they had them in Fort Worth.

Also, still yet another member has recently posted about Costco having the Leatherman Squirt + MiniMag Solitare for $26.99, verified, it is there.

Lastly, at they had right next to that Leatherman Wave + MiniMag 2AA for $59.99.

NO!! I don't work for Costco!! BUT.... for those who have access to a store, GET A MEMBERSHIP. Totally worth it to shop there. Great way to get supplies, like steaks and wine and beer! (oops, did I say that out loud? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Question: Are all Mag 2AAs also the same as what you refer to as the MiniMag? I'm looking for a metal body FL, AA or AAA format, hopefully with focussable lens, to drop an EverLed 1-watt Luxeon unit into. But I heard MiniMags won't accept that bulb base. ??

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightmeup, the Minimags uses a very small bi-pin bulb. The EverLED uses a standard PR base. It's like trying to put a big round peg into two tiny holes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It won't fit.

capnal

Enlightened
Re: Correction on Price Quote

[ QUOTE ]
capnal said:
OK, I forgot to mention...
This past Sunday when I was in there, and saw these mags and the vector spotlight on sale, was also my first time to see the Streamlight 4AA 7 LED lights. I think they were $14.99, which is a pretty darn good price!

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction: The price on the SL 4AA 7 LED is $19.99 NOT $14.99. Sorry about the error! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

My wife is at Costco right now, and says the Fort Worth store no longer has the clearance Mag set. They only have the new set with the 2AA minimag holster in stock now. FYI.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened

That's funny--I just bought a couple of these at Costco with the nylon 2AA holster for the regular 20 bucks. But for pretty much all of this year, all the sets that I've bought have had the nylon holster in there already.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Interesting. My costco only had the set that had the 3D and the 2AA with batteries, no holster. (until last week) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif