NJ Knife Laws?

Lumenous

Newly Enlightened
I've been doing some research online trying to find out what the specific laws are concerning carrying a concealed knife. From the tid bits I've gathered it looks like anything shorter than 5" is not frowned upon by LEO's?

Does anyone know anymore about this?

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try www.packing.org

Dedicated to concealed carry of firearms but has section for each state. Link to the NJ site and toward the lower right of the page is a link to NJ knife lawa.

I tried to post a direct link, but couldn't get it done. My computer skills are pretty basic, obviously.

Any advice you get from individuals on the internet, including me, is worth what you pay for it. I'd go to the bank only with info from an official government site or a site like packing or nra.org

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask a lawyer, that's what they're for.

With legal advice that costs you nothing, you get what you pay for.

-(a different) Craig

-- There are several websites that deal with knife laws, and there are many magazine articles, too. Almost all of 'em only quote the basics of the law, and they're all pretty vague (can you define in legal terms what a "dirk" is?). For actual advice on legality, again, ask a lawyer.

Easiest thing to do in most cases (IMHO), don't carry an auto, don't carry anything over, say, 2 to 2-1/2 inches, and obviously don't wave it around, but that's pretty standard advice, isn't it.