10000 Lumens?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take one Osram HLX 64655, 4 4Ah Nimh 6 volt sticks, one Coleman hand held spotlight, 3 hours time, a little solder, a new switch, a few connectors and what do you have?

10000 lumens of blinding white power!!

This thing is bright, it obliterates the 3 million CP Vector twin 12 volt light I have. Its beam is huge, bright and white.

I can't even figure out how to do beam shots yet because it just eats everything else up.

I may need to do a capture with my video camera and then pick out a frame to post.

Thanks for the bulb, Ginseng!

Bill

P.S. I just realized this should probably be in the Spotlights/Lanterns/HID forum.

Mods, please feel free to move it if you wish

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding! The Ken4 has been reincarnated as the...Bill10K? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Let's see the pics!

Let me know if you want any more bulbs for backups. I've got a bunch of NIB spares.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
Wilkey

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty impressive coming from a $10 dollar bulb . Let's see - for the price of a 35 watt HID, you could put 9 more in your light, but then you would probably need a license to operate it.

Have you compared it with any of the HIDs yet.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill,

Where are the beam shots you know teaser posting will not be tolerated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Later
Sway

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Admins, help!!

What am I doing wrong to not get these to post correctly?

These are NOT good images, the only purpose they serve is to give you a relative idea of brightness.

The Mule battery was starting to fade a little, I had it on for 6-7 minutes before I got a picture and it had been run quite a bit today just for show and tell!

[image]
www.tjtech.org/cpfgallery/bwaites/bright_lights_001/sized.jpg
[/image]

Mag85 full charge

[image]
http://www.tjtech.org/cpfgallery/bwaites/bright_lights_002/sized.jpg
[/image]

Mule, partial charge, probably down 30% or so. I would estimate it was still making at least 1500-1800 lumens.

[image]
http://www.tjtech.org/cpfgallery/bwaites/bright_lights_003/sized.jpg
[/image]

10,000 Lumens! Check out the size of that hotspot! To the naked eye, most of that apparent artifact isn't noticeable because of the amount of light your eye has to cope with.

As I said, not very good pictures, I'll do better when the Mule Proto is ready to post full on.

Bill

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill,

I can't find any of the images you have listed below the first picture.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah... wrong linking... lemme do what I can.

Mag85
bright_lights_001.sized.jpg

Mule @ 70%
bright_lights_002.sized.jpg

10K Lumens?
bright_lights_003.sized.jpg

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
10k lumens sounds REALLY cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But i really can't imagine what it would be like, the mag85 in your pics looks weak, but in fact it's powerfull.. but i can't even imaging the power of a mag85 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Can you post more beamshots of like big areas?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
My problem is I just have a cheap little digital which really doesn't get it done.

I may have to use a good professional regular camera, then scan the pics in.

Bill

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woohoo! Anything that makes the Mule/Aurora look wussy is just starting to get bright enough. Heck, who am I kidding? It's never bright enough!

Wilkey

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem bwaites, just send the whole light over and I'll send you as many beamshots as you want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh, btw, Singapore is full of light pollution, so it's a good chance to see how it fares... Oh, I've got some forest here tooo so if you want, I can take beamshots there.

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow! I'm surprised it doesn't need a cooling fan, like projectors use.

browntown

Newly Enlightened
So please, how was this done? Or do I have to make the drive to Leavenworth, look at the sky and wait for the second sun to rise? Of course, if I dont see the light I can gorge myself on bier and wurst. Some people just cant wait for Oktoberfest.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
browntown,

The ingredients are all in the lead post.

The hard part is a reasonably mobile 24 volt power package.

The current lamp is more brilliant flood that pinpoint, but it obliterates the 10MCP Thor even out at 200 plus yards.

Bill

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
The hard part is a reasonably mobile 24 volt power package.
Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

How about 2 "2 amp hr" SLA's in series(maybe a swtich for parallel and series operation - 12v & 24v operation). Put it in a small nylon, padded pouch, and wear it on your belt. Wire in a cigarett lighter socket so you can use it for multiple purposes.