SF; need to register for warranty? tranferrable?

iddibhai

Enlightened
OK, I got a new (to me) SF light, which came with the box and papers (2nd SF en route, sans papers/box). Do I need to send in the little registration card to be eligible for warranty service should the need arise? Or is ownership of SF product good enough, and I can go to any SF dealer with, say a nonoperating tailcap, or busted KL1 lens, and they'll make good? I treat my gear well, so this is mainly for curiosity's sake (and help me sleep better!). thanks.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: SF; need to register for warranty? tranferrabl

That I'm aware of, all you need to do is give them a call. If they need to see it, they'll let you know how to send it back.

Al

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

It might depend on where you live. In the States the Supreme Court has ruled that warranties that come with a product already belong to the purchaser and do not require you to participate in the advertizing/SPAM scams that sending in a warranty card often initiate.

lightemup

Flashaholic*

iddibhai in my experience all you need for warranty is to present your surefire product and they will look after it depending on whether you ran over it with a freight train etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ... That has been the case in my experience anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and I am in Australia, not the US.

iddibhai

Enlightened

I live in the USA, in fact, rather close to SF HQ and also the SF flagship store; next time i'm there (gotta get some kitchen knife stuff) I'll ask. thanks.