• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 2D/4AA Mag, TV1K -PRICE DROP!-

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Letting go of this small black 2D Mag built around the Hotlips heatsink from Hotbeam, a TV1K, and a 4AA battery pack. The idea behind it was to build a light that delivers all the power of a 4D cell Mag driving a Lux3 emitter, in a smaller, lighter formfactor. According to my scale, the 4D Mag weighs in at 2.4 pounds with batteries, and this one is roughly 1 pound with batteries.

AA cells mean guilt free lumens as well. Compatible with both alkaline (1.2 amp calculated) and NiMH (1 amp measured with DMM). Lithium....not recommended, unless you feel safe with my calculated power drain of 1.65A. This light is resistored. 0.56 ohm/3W resistor, plus an estimated 0.9 ohms of internal resistance.

Modular battery options as shown in its construction thread provide flexibility. I will include one 4AA battery holder as shown, but if you can obtain your own packs/holders there's practically no stopping. It will probably drive well on 6V (2x123) lithium as well provided you can obtain the right holders.

Letting go at $70. I'm overseas so shipping may run $10-$15 depending on where you are. If you over-pay, I will refund shipping costs once the PO lets me know the real cost. Probably closer to $10, based on an 'online' quote.

If you want additional 4AA holders, they are $2 each, bare - not soldered. Additional white connectors (come with male and female ends) are $0.50 each. No UCL - sorry, ran out. Probably cheaper for you to order your own UCL.

(edited to add) PS : Paypal preferred, CC accepted, fees absorbed. Can add 4 x 2100mAH new Sanyo NiMH for $15.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 2D/4AA Mag, TV1K with modular battery opti

Ahh.. if only the Z2 was a C2 in HA3, then I'd be all over it. It's a great price for the Z2 though. Wish I had room for one more light in the collection for that and the 3P. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif trying to fund my rechargeable 123A experiment first.

Are you working in the computer business? I have too much computer junk sitting around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif nowadays, I much prefer lights - unlike computers, lights just work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

yeah, I work in the computer business, Network Admin

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah a fellow sufferer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I notice the Z2 has gone.. I'll hold the 4AA Mag for you since you're the first to express interest. Let me know if you're going to go for it.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, since only the z2 has sold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I don't have the funds.
So, don't hold it for me...thanks though

PS send me a PM if you're a Microsoft Network Admin with some Active Directory/Cisco hardware experience...I got a couple questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

No prob. Price drop! Trying to scare up some more funds to spend on lights too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts