Recommend headlamps please, Storm H.I.D ?

recercare

Enlightened
Someone out there who can recommend a good headlamp I have a Petzl Megabelt myself, and it's great. However, I consider buying a brighter one.
A friend bragged about Niterider's Helmet H.I.D, also called Storm. 10W metal halid bulb (35W Halogen) with 4 hours burntime. The battery is small enough to be mounted inside the helmet.
Is this a good headlamp, anyone with experience??

Please recommends other headlamps if you know any good ones.
Thanks

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I got this light a few weeks ago, but can't imagine attaching the battery to a helmet. According to Niterider, the battery weighs 27 oz. It's pretty similar in size/weight to 8 C-cells (I compared it to the UK Light Cannon). I never used it as just a headlight, as I keep it mounted on my bike. I have to put the battery in the pack under my seat. But if you want to use this as a headlight only, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It really does run for 4 hours, and charges in about 5. Brightness is identical to the Light Cannon, but I like the spread pattern better. It gets quite hot, but not too big a deal if you ride at night.

One more thing I noticed; as the battery dies, the light turns noticeably bluer. If I had found this light sooner, I wouldn't have bothered with the LC.

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
I am impressed with MR11 lights for bicycling and I also use them for nightwalking. In particular I have a BLT composite housing which I retrofit with a TurboCat S-15 15-watt bulb (they say they only sell to their customers but try it anyway). The bulb is excellent-its spot area is perfecl, it has a nice outer spread, it's bright as heck, and it doesn't devour juice. They make these bulbs as 5.5 volters so they are overvolted for brightness.

kb0rrg

Enlightened
What type of riding (offroad / road)
How long do you ride?
What is your price range?
Have you considered building a light?

recercare

Enlightened
Price is not important.
I ride offroad and road.
1-2 hours ride, but in the weekends much longer