nice bike led headlight

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alexis:
Just ran across this nice looking LED headlight. The reflector looks nice
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=101&subcategory=1067&brand=&s ku=5575&storetype=&estoreid=
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hard for me to understand how three LED's(nichias?), even severely overdriven with a great reflector can possibly provide enough light for normal bike speeds in the dead of night. Could they be the new Nichias 10X ?

Brightnorm

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Brightnorm, perhaps the LED's are regular nichia's but are severely overdriven? or maybe they are luxeon stars or nichia 10x's!

funk

Enlightened
Look at the price - 24.99...... basic LED's; and I agree that LED's are really not for the Bike. I am sure that I will get one, but not likely put it in my Bike - I will find another use for it.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Fom the ad.
Cateye places three bright white LED's along with specially focused mirrors to provide great visibility with this light.

Visibility means the light is seen, not that you can see with it...
frown.gif

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Yes, this is an EXCELLENT product for commuters, etc. that need long battery life. This light is not meant to be used to "see" the road, but more for cars, etc. to see you. I've seen this light in bike shops before and played with it a bit. It is BRIGHT! But bright in terms of being seen. It can't really throw a beam. For that, try one or two luxeons. Actually, I'm using one luxeon right now and it is bright enough to see the road at night.

funk

Enlightened
I got this one today...... The beam is a little spider webish as a result of the reflector. One of the LED's is fluttering. I doubt that it could handle a fall of the bike and I still won't use it for that purpose, but I like the removable the bike attachement and I will find a use for this somewhere - not sure where yet though.