PK Design Lab
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Key-Lux AA Coming Soon!!

Default Re: New Key-Lux AA Coming Soon!!

I observe from reading this thread that some people would like the extra brightness of the 350mA version, and others would prefer the longer run time of the 200mA one. However, one of the big advantages of LEDs is that they can be run efficiently over a wide range of power levels.

Is there any chance of a Key-Lux AA with multiple power levels?

My ideal would be continuously variable, so that I could adjust it to the minimum comfortable level for the task at hand (turn the head and it switches on to low; keep turning and it gradually gets brighter?).

Failing that, a few discrete levels, or even just two: full power and a level that is appropriate for close work (hopefully something that will last well over 12 hours)?

[ QUOTE ]
    Curious said:
    I observe from reading this thread that some people would like the extra brightness of the 350mA version, and others would prefer the longer run time of the 200mA one. However, one of the big advantages of LEDs is that they can be run efficiently over a wide range of power levels.

Is there any chance of a Key-Lux AA with multiple power levels?

My ideal would be continuously variable, so that I could adjust it to the minimum comfortable level for the task at hand (turn the head and it switches on to low; keep turning and it gradually gets brighter?).

Failing that, a few discrete levels, or even just two: full power and a level that is appropriate for close work (hopefully something that will last well over 12 hours)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a light like this it will run long enough even at 350ma because I am sure all of us have a ton of AA NiMh's . That is the beauty of this one. A small single cell light with good output and the most available battery you can think of.

I plan to get one as a sidekick to the Lionheart I purchased. If I am going to have selectable brightness I figure it might as well be in something really powerful to begin with so that there is a greater range of uses. I don't really think full brightness all the time in something like the Keylux here is going to be overkill for any task.

Sometimes the best amount of light is the absolute minimum required to perform a task. Situations where discretion is needed or when dark adapted eyesight needs to be maintained as much as possible definately exist. Or situations when a somewhat reflective surface is to be examined and there is a 'just right' amount of light before the reflected light messes up your view of ...whatever.

AF, this is the best AA light on the market today. It is simply marvelous in terms of fit and finish and attention to detail. The design is perfect and the output will really surprise you. I can't wait for the 350 mA version! While I don't expect it to be twice as bright to my eyes, I'm sure it will be quite a bit brighter than the 200 mA. My advice to anyone considering this light, bite the bullet and you will never regret it.

PAtwood, thanks for the info. I guess most of you already know this, but here is some info. Chris at TnC e-mailed me re the new model:

"They should be available Mid to end of November. Estimated prices will be $109.00 USD The runtime should be around 3hrs. Dimensions on this light are:

3.4” long X .85” Dia Head .75 Dia Body."

Interesting situation: High-priced little light, but battery costs should be miniscule.

Just a quick question OT, does anybody else's Key-Lux AA smell like 90 wt. differential oil?

TIA,
    LT

Yes mine does...I just assume its the alodyne? Maybe?

yep, mine too.

don't you just love the orange o-rings?! gives it some sort of character.

What were you doing, trying to light up your nose hairs for trimming..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, mine smells like oil too but I never noticed it before since I'm always covered in dust and grime anyway. Or worse, paint. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

OK, I just received my AA key-lux yesterday and I have to say that I'm really happy with it's quality and brightness. That fact that it also uses a cheap and common battery is just icing on the cake. In fact, it may replace my ARC LSH as one of my EDC's. The question now is - should I also get the 350mA version too?

Buy two, they're small.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

does anyone know approxiametly how many lumens the 350mA version would produce ?

If I recall correctly, the Arc LS pushed about 330 mA through the Luxeon I, and generated about 30 lumens of output.

The Key-Lux 350 should produce similar output.

it is nice,designed by yourself?

Flashaholic*

Does anyone know if the 200mA version (which I own) will run on lithiums?

indenial, Chris addressed the lithium battery issue with the 200mA version waaaay up near the start of this thread (it's easy to miss).

[ QUOTE ]
    TnC_Products said:
    I would recommend not to use lithiums. The converter might handle it but there won't be a warranty on them since people will try to use the Lithium Batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flashaholic*

Just want to make sure that I didn't miss the Keylux AA 350ma version. Can they be ordered yet?

Also, does anyone know when the AAA tubes for the N-Cells be available?

Thanks

Curtis

Flashaholic*

I placed myself on the e-mail list some time ago and haven't received any updates at all. Have there been some sent out regarding the 350mA?

Flashaholic*

I'm curious too!

Flashaholic

I also don't want to miss out on either the Keylux AA 350ma or the AAA tubes for N-Cell lights. No email list response yet. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Hint [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] -spica

If you are on the list you will be updated on new products and such within a week. I will keep everyone posted on the new Key-Lux AA 350mA and the AAA Adapters for the N-Cell lights. Make sure to watch your e-mails so you don't miss anything (NEW!!!) Coming out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I emailed TnC and asked to be put on the list, but got no response. Is there an "official" sign up? If so , where?

It's on the website.

Flashaholic

New Key-Lux AA HA (Natural) 350mA is on the sale now. It says 57 available for immediate delivery.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]
    Justone

Flashaholic*

When I saw it this morning it said 105. Now that it's at 57 you should go for it unless you want to wait until the next run (next year?).

EDIT: Here's a link to the correct website page.

it's at 53 now...

Flashaholic*

why did the price go up??? I thought it was at about 85$?

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Mags_suk said:
    why did the price go up??? I thought it was at about 85$?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere in this thread TnC said it was going to be about $109.

Only 12 left. They will probably be all gone in an hour. I'm glad I got mine when the email first got to my computer.

Countdown...12...11...

COUNTDOWN

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif[/img] down to 9