Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: New Key-Lux AA Coming Soon!!

Default Re: New Key-Lux AA Coming Soon!!

“I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doin' Those Beat-O, Beat-O Flat on My Seat-O, Hirohito Blues.”

Hoagy Carmichael, 1943

"I've Got Tears In My Ears From Lying In Bed Crying My Eyes Out Over You"

"Your Red Scarf Matches Your Eyes, You Closed Your Cover Before Striking, Your Father Had the Shipfitter Blues and Loving You Has Made Me Bananas"

I pretty sure Hookd_On_Photons has got it. "I'm a Cranky Old Yank..."; the longest title to a song! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Look at this picture. There should be 11 faces on this picture. Average people see 4-6, sensible 8-10. The best see all 11, schizophrenics and paranoics 12 and more. How many did you find?

Shoot, I’m in trouble. I found 13 faces!!!

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
    haveblue said:
    Shoot, I’m in trouble. I found 13 faces!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    You're in trouble?... I don't see any! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]

JB

I found 12 faces! Scary if this was a photograph [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]
    Faces I have found
    Thanks for the fun [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"You are my Sunshine my only Sunshine"....gotta keep it on track here for flashlights.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I saw 12 faces too.....

Flashaholic

Thanks to Takifugu I finally see them all.

Maybe if I had a TNC AA light, I would have found them on my own.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JB

What problem do I have? I see 17 faces until now, may be more later.

Chris,
    are there any news on the electronics for the Key Lux AA?
    Will there be any other delay or will you be able to ship mid February?

looking forward to any update.

It wouldn't surprise me it everyone is waiting for Peak to come out with their stuff. No sense committing resources when a competitor can steam roll right over you.

I suggest that if no one lives near TnC you all pool together a few bucks, hire a rent-a-cop and have him go there and ask some serious questions. Something along that line anyway. I personally think they've taken the money and run... If I'm wrong and they ever show I'll apologize.

*Flashaholic*

matrixshaman, that's out of line!

Christ at TNC has always made good on any offer he has done.

He posted that hold up is the electronics. In case you didn't know it, a large part of the magic of TNC AA & Ncell is ARCmania's hand solder boards and hand picked Luxeons.

hang in there.. I'm sure ARCmania is cranking fast as possible.

if you have not played with an TNC AA driven by 14500 li-ion. you gotta a treat coming...

Am I the only one who has one? I have had it for a while now...a month or so I think.

Here are some shots to hold you over:

The new Key Lux AA 350ma. Comes with a nice holster, which didn't photograph too well in this picture.

Here is a shot that compares the old design on the left to the new one on the right. On the new one, the head is fixed, and you twist the tail instead.

Here is a beam shot comparison. The new 350ma is on the right, in case you couldn't tell [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Probably should have the apology ready. I heard from Chris this past week and he has added, at my request, another part to my Key-Lux AA order. The electronics should be in any time now, I didn't ask for a date.

Sometimes things out of Chris' control happen and he is always reluctant to accept pre-oredrs. But we beg him and hound him and he accepts orders at our request and something comes up and the lights run late. Chris will deliver a light that will be well worth the wait. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]

Edit: Changed comments that were out of line when I reread them. Sorry!

[ QUOTE ]
    javafool said:
    Probably should have the apology ready. I heard from Chris this past week and he has added, at my request, another part to my Key-Lux AA order. The electronics should be in any time now, I didn't ask for a date.

Sometimes things out of Chris' control happen and he is always reluctant to accept pre-oredrs. But we beg him and hound him and he accepts orders at our request and something comes up and the lights run late. If you are not willing to accept that these things happen, and you are not willing to take that risk, then please don't pre-order and mess up future pre-orders for those of us who will patently wait to receive some of the best of the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

If all the possibilities were told ahead of time it would be easier to endure the wait. If we were told an update will come only once every month and two days I could patiently wait for the miracle light. Do you realize people have gotten a total of one update between December 9, 2004 and now? The updates were regular before December 9. There was one update on January 11, 2005. So the last regular update was approximately 60 days ago.

A minimal, “I’m working on it.”, would be a sufficient update. It didn’t take me long to type that sentence.

It is easy for a customer who already has their TnC product in hand to tell other other long waiting customers that their TnC order is delayed, the store has your money and someday the store will announce a setback or have your product finished. And the previously satisfied customers go on to say, "Don't worry, TnC is reliable even though they don’t open their doors too often. Just wait long enough and you will see and apoligize to TnC for you silly customers wondering what is going on." That isn't very reassuring from my view.

I hear my wife’s version of the TnC light update everyday. It is not easy on my end to be patient when I have my wife complaining where is the light or the money?

I too have been waiting for the duration.
    Big long speach.....
    I'm sure TnC would offer a refund if your not satisfied.
    It was stated in the last update that it would be around mid Feb. It is still only the 6 of Feb. now.

Just my $0.02 worth.

mut

I'm sorry you didn't like my post. You can find other posts on this thread much shorter.

That is a usual company defense tactic; to have someone representing a company to dare to go get our money back if we don’t like the way things are run around the store. “Yeah, a little scare ‘ll work and quiet the hungry sheep.” Right now we have nothing more to lose if we cry or we don’t cry.

It is not a way to win customers and future customers by telling them to get a refund, tell the customers to get out and pointing at the exit door. It is a way for a company to save face and a pure company defense tactic. The company is drawing a ling and daring people to cross. That is kid stuff; that is not good service.

We’re stickin’ it out.

How's this to keep the thread rolling.

Think about these
    • Let's say (hypothetically) there is a bullet, which can shoot through any barrier. Let's say there is also an absolutely bullet-proof armour, and nothing gets through it. What will happen, if such bullet hits such armour?
    • Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?
    • Your mission is to not accept the mission. Do you accept?
    • This girl goes into the past and kills her Grandmother. Since her Grandmother is dead the girl was never born, if she was never born she never killed her grandmother and she was born.
    • If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow,".... What will the temperature be?
    • Answer truthfully (yes or no) to the following question: Will the next word you say be no?
    • What happens if you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn your headlights on?
    • I conclude with this challenge:
    Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he can not pick up!

Good for you haveblue[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]

mut

Flashaholic*

haveblue,

I edited my original post because, unfortunately, I felt I had spoken out of line. I do have TNC flashlights but I am also waiting for the AA 350Ma light like most of the others.

I like the pre-order because the demand for this type of light is so much greater than the supply it seems like if you are not willing to pay and wait you may very well wind up doing without completely.

Sorry again for being overly outspoken in my previous post.

Terry

Flashaholic*

Ok. I know you guys have been waiting patiently and so have I. I was told I should be getting some electronics by Monday. If this is the case I will start shipping as soon as the electronics start coming in. This is an extremely long wait. This is even too long of a wait for me. In the future I won't be accepting any more pre-orders since there are certain things that are out of my control. I apologize to everyone who do not mind waiting for the first ones to come out. But I don't like haveing orders just sitting around for months at a time. It is just not right taking money for products I can't control the delivery date on.

I will post here when I start shipping orders. I get several e-mails a day of people asking when they might be ready. I was hoping one of these poeple would post on CPF and let everyone know the status. I have monitored a few posts of people doing that but I guess it would be better coming from me.

I have been in business for over 20 years so i wouldn't take anyones money and run. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Especially on this small of a pre-order. I would have done at least 500 pcs pre-order before I took off. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] J/K.

Have a great day.. I will keep everyone posted.

You're a good honest man in my opinion Chris, with great products to boot!

I have to agree with karl. Chris is an honest man that has responded to every of my emails concerning every amaginable question concerning his lights.

Thank you chris
    doug

Flashaholic

Does that mean Haveblue can't entertain us any more? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

JB

Paaaaaaatiently (but soooo anxious!) waiting!!!

I agree with haveblue. I grew up with the idea that "the customer is always right", and that people with something to sell should cater to their customers and try to keep them happy. Sometimes, with certain "must have" CPF items, things seem to be the other way around. I respectfully dissent to this state of affairs.

Guys, can we have a little patience here. I have two Tnc AA's on order as well, but I don't think that constantly complaining about what a horrible ordeal this is, will get the lights here any faster. Chris is a good guy and his products are top notch. Some of you guys are insinuating stuff that downright insulting. That's what a preorder is, you pay your money and then you wait for the product.

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator Roy's Avatar

This thread has gotten too long and will be colsed. The new thread can be found at: New Key-Lux AA Coming Soon! - Part 2