Making an E1E from an E2E

AK

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Surefire E2E, but, being the flashaholic that I am, I'd also like an E1E. Are the parts from the two lights (with the exception of the lamp and the battery tube) interchangable? In other words, do I need anything other than an E1E battery tube and an MN01 lamp to make an E1E out of my E2E?

Thanks from a Surefire newbie.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything is perfectly interchangable. That also includes parts from the L4. Just make sure you dont use the MN01 with 2 cells!

Size15's

Flashaholic
The E1e and E2e share the same LockOut TailCap and Bezel.
The body (number of SF123As) and Lamp Assembly are different.

If you have an E2e, buying an E1e body and MN01 Lamp Assembly is all you need to create an E1e. However, I don't think SureFire sells the body tubes all by themselves.

Have you considered getting and SC3 Spares Carrier to keep the spare Lamp Assembly in (as well as four spare SF123A batteries) ??

Al

AK

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
The E1e and E2e share the same LockOut TailCap and Bezel.
The body (number of SF123As) and Lamp Assembly are different.

If you have an E2e, buying an E1e body and MN01 Lamp Assembly is all you need to create an E1e. However, I don't think SureFire sells the body tubes all by themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Al, that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I've seen the bodies in B/S/T and on eBay from time to time, so I'll probably just pick one up when the opportunity presents itself.

[ QUOTE ]

Have you considered getting and SC3 Spares Carrier to keep the spare Lamp Assembly in (as well as four spare SF123A batteries) ??

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a bad influence -- don't let my wife hear talk like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif Seriously, a SC3 is on my shopping list.

akula88

Enlightened
AK,

I've also done what you have thought, but I would advice that you get a whole E1e unit instead.

Based on previous BST and eBay prices, an E1e body would be between $35-40 shipped and M01 bulb around $10. That would be around $45-50. SC3 would be $15.

A whole E1e unit would be around $65-70, depending on deals. For about $5-10 dollar more, you get a second light... And no need for the SC3.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep both the E2e, E1e, and also the SC3 and I love it.

AK, if you are going to keep changing the bezel between the E2e and E1e just remember to change the bulb also. I blew my MN01 because I decided to swap the tail cap and bezel of the E2D with the E1e. I forgot about it and had the MN01 turned on with 2 batteries.

AK

Newly Enlightened
I think that I'm goint to take johnny's advice and just by an E1e. The odds are good that I'd get the lamp assemblies mixed up one day and blow the MN01. Thanks for everyone's input! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif