Black Moon LTD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll be first to post

Default I\'ll be first to post

Congratulations Don. This should make it easier to keep track of all of your great work! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Default Re: I\'ll be first to post

Second!

-YC

Third!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

fourthed! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Quinted?

Sexed? Sixed? Oh Yeah, Sixth!!!

Bill

seventh my faverite number

8th, right behind my friend Eddie.

Congratulations, Don. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Britt

this is gonna be one busy forum [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif[/img]

Hi guys and welcome to the new forum of ours.

If numerous e-mails and PM's are any indication (there were at least a couple!), hopefully many of us well be better served with this new corner where certain parts, components and build ideas can be kept in a hopefully organized condition.

Since this new forum is being moderated by both Darell and myself, I think you who know us can anticipate a very serious and no nonsense approach to illumination parts and ideas of a custom or modder's point of reference. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

With the new Aleph system starting to trickle in along with many other new components available from the sandwich shoppe of which I am somewhat culpable, I think it will serve those of us interested in such stuff well to have the content here in this forum. Those not interested will be able to avoid this forum altogether.

It is my hope that this forum will be a place where the do it yourselfers as well as those wanting turn key custom lights will be able to find the answers they seek from all of us who can aid in discussion or comment.

Next week, I plan to post a thread on the sales and ordering of custom turnkey lights using the Aleph components as they become available. These lights will be offered by yours truly. As time permits, I also hope to build small lots of the same light and these will be based on what I consider appropriate as well as feed back from those of you who have used them and let your opinions be known.

This forum is *our* forum and any threads relating to McLux, McGizmo or Aleph parts, components or mods are welcome and encouraged. The parts which are slated for DIY are and have been available from the Sandwich Shoppe and there is obviously some overlap here, between the two forums. I think most of you will know whether a thread should be initiated here or in the Shoppe. Of course with topic drift, it's anyone's guess where some of these ultimately should reside. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

It is my hope and intent that some of the Aleph components will be used by other modders and builders and I have been and will be providing others with components on a "wholesale" basis for them to do builds with their "twist" on the subject. It would seem that this forum would be the likely home for threads relating to these.

Obviously both time and the group dynamics will determine what this forum becomes.

I am hoping that there can be some information heavy threads which will possibly become stickies whereas there will be current and topical threads which will have more "talk" and these will come and go. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

Congrats on your own forum Don. Now when we feel an overwhelming need to call somebody a turkey, we know where to come. I use your favorite icon [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img] and one of mine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

That's the spirit Jim and the horse you rode in on is also welcome! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img]

Cool. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Mike

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Great to see that you have your own spot now.
    Waiting as patiently as a Gizmo-holic can for the TK units. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img]
    Don will you also be offering just the ES light engine with or without the head as a TK unit also, or just complete lights?

mut

Flashaholic

congratulations don!!!!!
    i should be able to learn more about your stuff here.
    joe

i think this forum is a excelent idea.makes it a lot eaiser to find info and read about ya lights congrats from me as well.

Cool Daddy Administrator

I pledge to moderate this new forum with the iron fist that most members expect from me. Anybody steps out of line, and I'll be on 'em like nobody's business. I tolerate NO thread drift.

I have spoken, and it will be so.

(pssst. I don't think Don figured out the point of this thread.... he's posting *relevant* information in here....)

Hi Don, I think there is also some overlap in the categories at the Shoppe as far as Aleph, McLux & McGizmo-related parts are concerned. Perhaps Wayne could 'clean up' or organize them all into just one or two general McGizmo's Lights & Parts Dept. Store category? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oops [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] Was my post 'drift' Darell? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Cool Daddy Administrator

I'm afraid so, flashlight. But we're all learning here, and I'm in a forgiving mood. Move along.

Mut,
    Initially I hope to concentrate on building the Aleph LE's (Light Engines) and bundling them in complete packages so I can get some of the Aluminium out of my garage and hopefully some of the green stuff to throw at the credit card companies. I will of course be making the LE's as separate builds as well and probably more so as time goes on. I am really hoping that as the parts finally are all here, plated and then on my shelf or Wayne's that I will be able to spend some time actually at the bench making stuff out of these parts! Currently I am spending way too much time away from the bench. I also hope that this forum will provide answers for those interested so I don't find myself at the computer or on the phone as much as has been the case in the last month. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

EDIT:

Flashlight, if I can get the parts to Wayne and Cindy, I would like to think I have done my *part*. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] If you would like to see some changes or clarification on the shoppe, please take this up with them. Like me, Wayne has nothing but idle free time on his hands and I am sure he will get on any suggestions that are brought up to him. Just joking but I agree and so does he that there is room and need for improvement and clarification! We are always throwing monkey wrenches into eachothers priority lists! In fact I think he took mine away with him! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

OK, thanks Darrell. I'll go hug a tree in penitence. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] Oops, drifted again..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Wow, awesome! Congrats, McGizmo.

Don,

marry me?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif[/img]

Hi there [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif[/img]

Is it a new forum or what [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Congratulations Don [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Ok, please keep me one complete black aleph CPF special number 007 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

Later [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif[/img]

*Flashaholic*

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Larry

From the deepest bottom of my heart I wish you luck and prosperity with your new home, dear Don ! It was about time you got movin' on this one!

And I wish me some Aleph lights soon [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif[/img], too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bernhard

Congrats on your new forum, Don. It's high time!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    McGizmo said:

Flashlight, if I can get the parts to Wayne and Cindy, I would like to think I have done my *part*. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] If you would like to see some changes or clarification on the shoppe, please take this up with them. Like me, Wayne has nothing but idle free time on his hands and I am sure he will get on any suggestions that are brought up to him. Just joking but I agree and so does he that there is room and need for improvement and clarification! We are always throwing monkey wrenches into eachothers priority lists! In fact I think he took mine away with him! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, actually I did post a similar comment at Wayne's forum [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

By the way Don, are those tritium vials around the emitter in this photo? Any idea on how they'll react to prolonged &/or repeated high heat & light levels? Obiviously, as they don't require light source to charge them up for them to glow, I guess you put them there for the [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] factor? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]