• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I'll be first to post

stein

Newly Enlightened
I\'ll be first to post

Congratulations Don. This should make it easier to keep track of all of your great work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I\'ll be first to post

8th, right behind my friend Eddie.

Congratulations, Don. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Britt

diddy808

Newly Enlightened

this is gonna be one busy forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys and welcome to the new forum of ours.

If numerous e-mails and PM's are any indication (there were at least a couple!), hopefully many of us well be better served with this new corner where certain parts, components and build ideas can be kept in a hopefully organized condition.

Since this new forum is being moderated by both Darell and myself, I think you who know us can anticipate a very serious and no nonsense approach to illumination parts and ideas of a custom or modder's point of reference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

With the new Aleph system starting to trickle in along with many other new components available from the sandwich shoppe of which I am somewhat culpable, I think it will serve those of us interested in such stuff well to have the content here in this forum. Those not interested will be able to avoid this forum altogether.

It is my hope that this forum will be a place where the do it yourselfers as well as those wanting turn key custom lights will be able to find the answers they seek from all of us who can aid in discussion or comment.

Next week, I plan to post a thread on the sales and ordering of custom turnkey lights using the Aleph components as they become available. These lights will be offered by yours truly. As time permits, I also hope to build small lots of the same light and these will be based on what I consider appropriate as well as feed back from those of you who have used them and let your opinions be known.

This forum is *our* forum and any threads relating to McLux, McGizmo or Aleph parts, components or mods are welcome and encouraged. The parts which are slated for DIY are and have been available from the Sandwich Shoppe and there is obviously some overlap here, between the two forums. I think most of you will know whether a thread should be initiated here or in the Shoppe. Of course with topic drift, it's anyone's guess where some of these ultimately should reside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

It is my hope and intent that some of the Aleph components will be used by other modders and builders and I have been and will be providing others with components on a "wholesale" basis for them to do builds with their "twist" on the subject. It would seem that this forum would be the likely home for threads relating to these.

Obviously both time and the group dynamics will determine what this forum becomes.

I am hoping that there can be some information heavy threads which will possibly become stickies whereas there will be current and topical threads which will have more "talk" and these will come and go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats on your own forum Don. Now when we feel an overwhelming need to call somebody a turkey, we know where to come. I use your favorite icon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif and one of mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

That's the spirit Jim and the horse you rode in on is also welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Great to see that you have your own spot now.
Waiting as patiently as a Gizmo-holic can for the TK units. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
Don will you also be offering just the ES light engine with or without the head as a TK unit also, or just complete lights?

mut

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i think this forum is a excelent idea.makes it a lot eaiser to find info and read about ya lights congrats from me as well.

Darell

Flashaholic

I pledge to moderate this new forum with the iron fist that most members expect from me. Anybody steps out of line, and I'll be on 'em like nobody's business. I tolerate NO thread drift.

I have spoken, and it will be so.

(pssst. I don't think Don figured out the point of this thread.... he's posting *relevant* information in here....)

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Don, I think there is also some overlap in the categories at the Shoppe as far as Aleph, McLux & McGizmo-related parts are concerned. Perhaps Wayne could 'clean up' or organize them all into just one or two general McGizmo's Lights & Parts Dept. Store category? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif