Coleman Headlamp at Costco

BruiseLee

Enlightened
I just went to Costco yesterday and noticed they had a Coleman headlamp there for the outrageous price of $10.95. It had 5 LED's, one Xenon bulb, and was powered by 3 AAA (included!). It had 4 modes, 1 led, 3 leds, 5 leds, or the incandescent bulb. It looked like it swiveled, and batteries were held in the lamp housing that goes on the front of your head.

Anyone know anything about these units? How would it stack up against something like a Princeton Tec Aurora?

Bruise

cadjak

Newly Enlightened
I just came home with one today. It is very comfortable on my head and I liked the low power, 1 LED setting. It surprised me how much light 1 LED gave off. The Xenon bulb gave off a very yellowish light and I can't see myself using the Xenon bulb much. I have other lights that will do much better than the Xenon. The price makes this a keeper. I needed something for reading in a tent or van at night. The LED's should be kind on the battery life and I already have a pile of AAA rechargeables. I can't compare it to the Streamlight Aurora since I don't know that light.
-cadjak

marklein

Newly Enlightened
How would the light be for hiking at night? For $11 I think I could build a perfectly nice 5 LED headlamp. Heck, why not 8? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darkaway

Enlightened
It's a bipin Phaser. The incan beam quality is horrible and I don't plan to use it much. But the 5 LED setting is great for reading or doing backyard chores in the dark. This light gives you great bang for your buck.

melancholy

Newly Enlightened
Any clue how this incandesc bulb matches up to the one found in the Rayovac headlamp? What is the stated weight on the packaging of the Coleman headlamp? (w/ or w/o batteries)