How to set up BE-4 // which Surefire lamp??

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
The only two 12volt lamps are the MN60 & MN61 which are designed for the KT4 turbohead.
Meaning that you can't run this combo.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There is one other lamp - the N62 which is designed for the 12PM/12ZM TurboHead.

The KT1 or KT2 TurboHead screw onto standard SureFire bodies and I believe will screw ontot the E2C adapter.

The MN60/MN61/N62 can be used in the KT1/KT2 TurboHead.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Oh damn you're right Al, i completely forgot about the other turboheads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Sorry about that.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I think it will work with a KT1 head just put the MN60 in it. I will try it when it gets here. I have run the MN60 in a 6P and 2 A19's no problemo.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

juancho

Enlightened
Thank you all for the answers, now I have 3 lamps, MN60 at 225 lumen, the MN61 at 350 lumens and the MN 62 at 500 lumen probably with a run time of 7 minutes and not constant at that.
(I could be wrong with the figures, so anybody who knows different, please correct me)
I will probably will go with the MN61 at 350 lumens, but I need the output of peopple with experience, what about overheat in the thin E Balrog body??
Anybody knows how much run time I can get out of the 4 batteries and the MN61??
Will this conversion be feasible and comparable to the M-4??

Thank you guys!!

JuanC.

Topper

Flashaholic*
My guess is it will be like a skinny M4 so I think it will heat up faster. I can hardly wait to find out!
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I'm doing the same thing with a BE4-BK. Only difference, I'm using a 3" T-Head, to keep the weight down. I think it will have better balance too. I'm going to use the MN60 (225 lumens), because I'm a cheap %#$@?$%.
oldgrandpajack

sygyzy

Enlightened
Sorry, but what is a Turbo Head? All I could figure is it's a fat head.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire TurboHeads are larger diameter bezels with wider and deeper reflectors that produce tighter, more intense beams for longer distance illumination compared to standard bezels.

SureFire%20G2-KT1%20&%20others%2064.jpg

SureFire TurboHead "Kits" are available for most models of SureFire, and some models feature TurboHeads as standard.

For example, the TurboHead in the photo above is a KT1-BK featuring the N1 Lamp Assembly and it fits on any standard body SureFire powered by two SF123A batteries.

Or, a model that comes standard with a TurboHead is for example, the M900AB:
M900AB.jpg

Shelby Chan Photo

Does this help answer your question?