Overdrivining question ????

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a thought I had, but I have no idea if it will work.

Laser Devices has a 3v lithium powered incan. Since the heads are all the same , I was thinking it might be possible to mount the 3v lamp in the 6v body and use a PILA 168S battery. Since the PILA is really 3.7v, I was wondering if it would flash the lamp. Does anyone know if there is an AVERAGE amount of factory voltage ranges built into most of the Xenon lamps? Would the extra . What are the probablities that an extra .7v would blow the lamp ?

Just a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
I believe this has been tried with the surefire mn01 lamp, and it flashed if i remember correctly.
Also, a 3volt lamp is allready quite fragile, so i don't think it would work, and if it would work (no insta-flash) you'd have a VERY short lamp-life.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I think that a 3 volt lithium, actually starts out at about 3.25 volts, would drop well below 3 volts underload. A pila starting out at about 4.2 volts would not take that voltage dive and would supply too many volts to your bulb. Also, ilnternal resistance of pila is much less that a 3 volt lithium, another reason why battery will not take a voltage dive underload. Better to use a battery with voltage closer to 3 volts. Actually, I used two AA NiMH's to run an mno1 with UBH extender.

Bill

Bill