Elite Flashlights - The Best LED Flashlights, Chargers and Batteries

Thread: New to this forum

Default New to this forum

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to register. Great Forum! Everyone is very helpful and the atmosphere is fairly light (pun intended).

I decided to post here first as my growing obsession with LEDs is putting a nice hole in my wallet. Since the beginning of March, I have purchased a Arc AAA (very impressive for such a small package) a Inova X5 white LEDs (again very nice output with a VERY clean white color...only a tiny hint of blue in the beam) and am expecting a Eternalight X-ray in the mail from Hosfelt any day now. I also picked up a M2...but that is for the other group.

I am Brian, and I am a flashaholic...

Aloha

Flashaholic*

Default Re: New to this forum

(from everyone in the room) "Hello Brian!"

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Welcome to the CPF. How did you find out about us?

Peter

Cool Daddy Administrator

Welcome Brian! From which island do you hail?

I was just in Kauai with my green laser last week... did you see me?

Mr. Gransee,
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I am really impressed with your ARC AAA! I just need to convince the wife that I *need* ARC LS... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
    Welcome Brian! From which island do you hail?

I was just in Kauai with my green laser last week... did you see me?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darell,

I am originally from Hilo on the island of Hawaii, but moved to Oahu about seven years ago. Sorry, even with your green laser, I couldn't see it here.
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Aloha

Welcome to the CPF. How did you find out about us?

Peter[/QB][/QUOTE]

Sorry, missed this question...

I don't remember specifically, but I think someone on one of the knife forums (BF or KF)had a link here or mentioned this forum. Could be that Joe Talmadge (sorry if I didn't get the spelling right) mentioned it...

Aloha

Administratior

Hi BigHonu, love your state!

Hey Darell maybe I can convince BigHonu to get me a T shirt [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sorry I couldn't resist...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
    Hi BigHonu, love your state!

Hey Darell maybe I can convince BigHonu to get me a T shirt [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sorry I couldn't resist...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me guess....Hard Rock Cafe Honolulu....

What size and color?

Aloha

BTW your led and flashlight sites are very well put together with a ton of good information!!! Helped me with my purchases!
    Thanks

Administratior

Yup, it is the Hardrock T. Maybe someday I will hit you up for the favor, but right now I am just harassing Darell [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Thanks though.

Yes! Blame Brock! Not Doug P.! Now repeat 10 times. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm thanking you guys now (including the LedMuseum guy) as I am new to this, but my wife and our vacation fund definitely do not... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Aloha

Cool Daddy Administrator

Oh yeah. Especially watch out for that Museum guy. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.

Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall be forged anew, THATS RIGHT IT'S RETROFIT TIME

be sure to check quickbeam's site- great links page and everything is well laid out,too!
    also see the site he made for me which is currently dormant(ie not improvements) because i cut the towrope a few days ago and now my liferaft is floating aimlessly about the ocean with only sharks to keep me company.to continue the analogy i could say that i have sent morse(with the red ls of course) to this ship of freindship in an attempt to have another rope thrown to me(which i would NOT cut) so i could reunite myself with its crew. however i can only gaze at the ship's lights which are so close yet so far away and sigh the sigh of those who are truly remorseful. *sigh* i beg any ship who hears me to contact the ship i speak of and notify it that i have thrown the knife which cut the rope into the sea and wish to make amends. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

i know ridiculouse way to put it but what do ya expect from the son of an english major? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] oh yeah, my site is :
    here

he built it so you know its good [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'm sorry , Doug. I really am. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Aragorn,

Checked out your (and Doug's) pages and was very impressed!

Aloha

Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall be forged anew, THATS RIGHT IT'S RETROFIT TIME

he does a good job doesnt he? just so you know- i know nothing about page making. doug's the expert- my page is essentialy his as he disigned it and made it happen for me.

Cool Daddy Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigHonu:
    BTW your led and flashlight sites are very well put together with a ton of good information!!! Helped me with my purchases!
    Thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're new here, so I'm gonna let this slide for now. But once you hang out for a while, you'll soon realize that you're supposed to BLAME BROCK for all your light purchases - not *thank* him for it!

He's always my go-to guy when my wife catches me opening my latest UPS package from TTS.

Aragorn -

Apology tenatively accepted. Don't do it again. Check your e-mail.

Cool Daddy Administrator

Was there some sort of alien abduction in the middle of this thread? What the HECK are you guys yaking about?

Darell. I think they had what our UK friends call a "Tiff" or close to a "Falling Out" but all is well now.

Cool Daddy Administrator

Thanks Dana. Thought somebody had stolen a page from me or something.

- Darell

my life is happy agian! hurrah he speak to me now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I suspect most CPFers are pleased with the incipient reconciliation.

I enjoy reading what both of you have to say, and Aragorn clearly understands that he is fortunate to have Quickbeam as his mentor.

Flashaholic*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
    I suspect most CPFers are pleased with the incipient reconciliation.

I enjoy reading what both of you have to say, and Aragorn clearly understands that he is fortunate to have Quickbeam as his mentor.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee - I wasn't even aware anything was wrong! But ditto, anyway [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]