New to this forum

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone!

I have been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to register. Great Forum! Everyone is very helpful and the atmosphere is fairly light (pun intended).

I decided to post here first as my growing obsession with LEDs is putting a nice hole in my wallet. Since the beginning of March, I have purchased a Arc AAA (very impressive for such a small package) a Inova X5 white LEDs (again very nice output with a VERY clean white color...only a tiny hint of blue in the beam) and am expecting a Eternalight X-ray in the mail from Hosfelt any day now. I also picked up a M2...but that is for the other group.

I am Brian, and I am a flashaholic...

Aloha

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
(from everyone in the room) "Hello Brian!"

smile.gif

Welcome to the CPF. How did you find out about us?

Peter

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Gransee,
Thank you for the warm welcome! I am really impressed with your ARC AAA! I just need to convince the wife that I *need* ARC LS...
grin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Welcome Brian! From which island do you hail?

I was just in Kauai with my green laser last week... did you see me?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darell,

I am originally from Hilo on the island of Hawaii, but moved to Oahu about seven years ago. Sorry, even with your green laser, I couldn't see it here.
grin.gif

Aloha

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CPF. How did you find out about us?

Peter[/QB][/QUOTE]

Sorry, missed this question...

I don't remember specifically, but I think someone on one of the knife forums (BF or KF)had a link here or mentioned this forum. Could be that Joe Talmadge (sorry if I didn't get the spelling right) mentioned it...

Aloha

Brock

Flashaholic
Hi BigHonu, love your state!

Hey Darell maybe I can convince BigHonu to get me a T shirt
wink.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist...

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
Hi BigHonu, love your state!

Hey Darell maybe I can convince BigHonu to get me a T shirt
wink.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me guess....Hard Rock Cafe Honolulu....

What size and color?

Aloha

BTW your led and flashlight sites are very well put together with a ton of good information!!! Helped me with my purchases!
Thanks

Brock

Flashaholic
Yup, it is the Hardrock T. Maybe someday I will hit you up for the favor, but right now I am just harassing Darell
wink.gif
Thanks though.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thanking you guys now (including the LedMuseum guy) as I am new to this, but my wife and our vacation fund definitely do not...
grin.gif

Aloha

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
be sure to check quickbeam's site- great links page and everything is well laid out,too!
also see the site he made for me which is currently dormant(ie not improvements) because i cut the towrope a few days ago and now my liferaft is floating aimlessly about the ocean with only sharks to keep me company.to continue the analogy i could say that i have sent morse(with the red ls of course) to this ship of freindship in an attempt to have another rope thrown to me(which i would NOT cut) so i could reunite myself with its crew. however i can only gaze at the ship's lights which are so close yet so far away and sigh the sigh of those who are truly remorseful. *sigh* i beg any ship who hears me to contact the ship i speak of and notify it that i have thrown the knife which cut the rope into the sea and wish to make amends.
frown.gif

i know ridiculouse way to put it but what do ya expect from the son of an english major?
rolleyes.gif
oh yeah, my site is :
here

he built it so you know its good
wink.gif

I'm sorry , Doug. I really am.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigHonu:
BTW your led and flashlight sites are very well put together with a ton of good information!!! Helped me with my purchases!
Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're new here, so I'm gonna let this slide for now. But once you hang out for a while, you'll soon realize that you're supposed to BLAME BROCK for all your light purchases - not *thank* him for it!

He's always my go-to guy when my wife catches me opening my latest UPS package from TTS.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell. I think they had what our UK friends call a "Tiff" or close to a "Falling Out" but all is well now.