• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pricing and Availability: Q & A

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If you have any questions on pricing or availability of parts or other related questions/ comments, in regards to the Custom Build Pricing and Ordering Post, please use this thread.

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I am expecting to get the raw parts the middle of next month so if I can get good turn around from the anodizers, they *could* be available by the end of next month. I have not seen first article yet so this is still out there in the ether....

PeterB

Enlightened
Hello Don,

do you know a good source for the tritium vials?
I have 6 Mc2Es which are waiting for such an upgrade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
PeterB,
I got some vials through a good friend and he is not in commerce on these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif The vials I am offering here are from the marker buttons or tabs or what ever they are called! What I have left which is just a few are only available in the package. I am not offering the tail caps separately, sorry. I am also not selling the vials separately as I have more caps already milled than I have vials for mounting in them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Oops!

bajaiman, yes, the Aleph head is included! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I will take a look at the price sheet and clarify this if needed! I will also try to get some images on the price sheet. I will be including shots of the Aleph 2 and 3 as well but they will be available when there is a price so noting it! They will probably be priced as "exchange" as I have done the other tubes.

Since posting the price list, I have been typing E-mail responses and on the phone non-stop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif This has mostly been questions that *could* have been answered here on the forum *once*! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

G Pilot

Enlightened
Just wondering why a price difference between the Aleph light engine kit and a Longbow Mcapsule kit?
Thanks

McGizmo

Flashaholic
GPilot,
I assume you are referring to a price difference on the shoppe and I have not checked what the prices there are. The McCapsule kit has different components that the LE kit and these all cost different amounts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif The LE has two custom machined and plated metal parts and one PCB. The McCapsule has one machined and plated metal part and two PCBs. Some parts may look simplier and cheaper to make and yet this is not always the case. The Aleph 1 head is larger than the Aleph 2 head but the 2 cost me more because of a second operation.

HgRyu

Enlightened
Two questions;

1) Can I use 14500(AA size) 3.6V lithium disposal battery in 17500 power pack ?
2) Can I use 14500 3.6V lithium as a power source for both Downboy and Badboy 3W ?

Thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
HqRyu,
I think you will find that you may need to stretch the spring a bit as I "fudged" on the 17500 and made it a bit longer to accomodate the Pila 150S. As far as the BB and DB, I leave that to the battery experts and assume that the Vf of the LED will also come into play? I like the 17500 with a DB and a Lux with a low Vf because you can switch from the Li-Ion to 2xCR2 in a pinch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

We are kind of straying from the topic here and feel free to post new threads in the forum. When the questions are about pricing or other Shoppe specific issues, they might be best served on the shoppe forum.

I see I poorly worded the initial post here and I'll change it. Duh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
email sent re: PR-T head build

wasn't sure if it went through as i used my work email.

'joshua brett watson' - where it's coming from.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
4x4,
Got it along with a couple others. After lunch, I'll stop screwing around and get to business. Will respond! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Mr HG

Enlightened
Have a couple of questions regarding the Aleph 3 head.

Is there a sign up thread or wainting list or similar for it?

I'm really impressed by it and really really want one.

Thank you

/Henrik (Mr HG)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Mr HG ... the line starts behind me ...
smoker.gif

Seriously ... the Aleph3 is not available yet, but will be in a few weeks in sufficient quantity AFAIK.

bernhard

Saaby

Flashaholic
If we wish to supply our own tritium vials, what tracer product exactly are we looking for? The discs, keychains, giant markers, or something else?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
If we wish to supply our own tritium vials, what tracer product exactly are we looking for? The discs, keychains, giant markers, or something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the glowdisks is what you are looking for to put into the tailcap milled slots.

mut

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Mut is correct. I have a hand full of the caps that have not had the vials installed yet. If someone wants one of these, I would ask for a $8 preimium for the milled slot. The thing is, I am not planning to mill more slots in raw Al caps and then have them anodized since I don't have any more vials. Setting up my funky wannabe mill to do these is a PITA and I won't be game to mill a cap here and there.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, I'll take another of the tailcaps with the milled slots (in black HA if you have one still) please. Can you add it to my order? Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif