9/11 Pentagon Conspiracy?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
another interesting link regarding the twin towers attack.

link

and more relating to both the pentagon attack and tt attack.
another link

i'd be interested in some unbiased opinions. hopefully noone will merely say "that's ridiculous, it can't be true"

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Actually I will. That's ridiculous. There is no way that's true!
Why do I say that? Did any of you even watch the videos recorded on 9/11? Look at the pictures? If you didn't you should. The planes are clearly visible in the pictures, hell you see them smash into the towers! If I remember correctly there was even some video of the Pentagon plane striking the Pentagon. Government conspiracy my ***!
Stealth cruise missiles, small jets with missiles... Oh PUH-LEEAZE!!!
I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person, but this is so pathetic that it's not even a good theory.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roth, the very first bullet point on that page you linked proves without a doubt to me that the rest is just as bogus.

They first thing you have to assume to believe any of the conspiracy theories is that the intelligence community in America is flawless and so all powerful that the only way this could have happened was with their knowledge and approval.

Makes for good manifesto writing though, that I'll grant you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's rediculous.
First, the attack on the Pentagon occured during or just after rush hour in the DC area. I lived in that area until 2000, and drove on 395 which is hte freeway that goes closes to that side of the Pentagon (which is why that side was reinforced first, it's close, very close actually, to a major freeway), and at that time of day, there are thousands of cars and people nearby. Did that many people just imagine a plane flying over them and crashing into the Pentagon? That highway is pretty busy all day, so even if it was after rush hour, there would still have been plenty of people to see a plane crash into the building.
Second, I was there a month after it happened and drove past on 395. I saw the damage and how bad it was.
If it was some sort of conspiracy, how did they convince so many people that they saw a plane crash into the building, and how did they manage to brainwash so many employees (both actual employees and contractors) that they saw a plane crash into it?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'm bewildered that we were unable to scramble fighters to protect the Pentagon, almost an hour after the initial attack, I can't believe explosive charges were placed in the Towers. That sort of undertaking would have attracted too much attention.

Still, reports that the Air Force was ordered to stand down is old news - why was that and is it factual? It's worrisome, however, that we cannot protect our nation's capitol - doesn't THAT bother anybody?

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Unicorn, the people that create these conspiracies know all this, and they know that most people will spend the 30 seconds of reflection it takes to see the ridiculous holes in these theories. Those people aren't the targets. The targets are the 1 or 2 out of 10 people that don't pay attention to anything that isn't on reality tv, the people whose knowledge of the issue is so limited that stuff like this actually increases the cumulative amount of what the person "knows" about the issue by double digit percentages. These are the people this stuff is for, because they know so little that ANYthing that has a few grains of truth in it (the secret of all good lies) will imprint on their vulnerable psyche and make them useful for political exploitation.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
And our "legit" media would let The President skate on any of this if true? They'd be like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

The first link is gone. The second link has a boner of a error I can vouch for personally. A cell phone can work from a plane. We called one of our guys once and he was in the plane in midair. Forgot to switch off the phone and brrrring brrring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif The problem with cellpbones is supposedly not interference to the plane but you don't know what cell you picked, line of sight to the strongest. People got ticked off when they got a whopper of a roaming charge and complained to the cellphone providers. They approached the airlines and a ban was enacted.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whaat nonsense. And some otherwise intelligent people believe it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Jerry

raggie33

*the raggedier*
that just plain insane.those idiots think yhe x files is a documetary

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
as with all things, i'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

it would be idiocy to believe every crackpot theory out there, and ignorance to take what the media and government say at face value.
the attacks of the wtc and the pentagon aside, i've seen a lot of things from the government recently that quite frankly scares the poop out of me. if you pay attention to the events happening around us (and look a little into the past),you can begin to form a scary picture of what might be to come.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roth, you command enough respect around here that if I say I completely agree with you, it shouldn't negatively affect your stature. I don't believe much of what any nation's government claims to be true. Nothing is as it seems and the trail of truth is too convoluted and time consuming for most people to follow. It's more expedient and probably more accurate to assume 90% of what we are told contains ulterior motives buried beneath the sweet talk.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
as with all things, i'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ] No Offense Roth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But this is like a mantra. People chant it whenever there are 2 sides to a story. The reality is that it's quite possible, and even more common for one side to be totally wrong.

For every rationalization I can give you for something you see, someone will be able to find another, more colorful, explanation for it.

I've been a "fan" of conspiracy theory for 20 years. I've read a remarkable volume of this stuff. Human beings seem to create it by the pound. Pattern recognition is something the human brain is really good at. Some of it's really fun reading too.

It is my opinion, especially of these current writings that are being linked to, that they start with an innate distrust or even hatred of the government and then move on to justify that by finding things. Not by finding things and working through the logic necessary to put them together.

And I'm not sheeple /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I exercise my rights, I protect my family, I punish government officials who I believe have violated my trust. But, just incase the whole system isn't completely irredeemable, I do still vote /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
All,
I just ripped one guy a bleeder for posting this nonsense on a gun rights board. I was in Crystal City VA that morning. It happened. I smelled the smoke and saw what happened. I saw what those *******s did to our people.

Why do you think Im here today, for vacation perhaps?

Some people have too much time on their hands and the brains up their colons.

Jack Crow in Iraq

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
Hi all,
Me again.

This is what I posted on Subguns.com in response to this class of nonsence. When I see posts suggesting this kind of thing, it's the same to me as calling the witnesses and survivors liars. The dead are the facts that are hard to ignore.

I detest idiot ideas.

Later people, im going to take my poor attitude down the block and cool off.

I hope your not advocating the Pentagon attack diden't happen.

On the morning of 9-11 I was at a job interview in Crystal City Virginia. Less than a mile from the impact point.

I have no doubt an aircraft was used as a WMD on the Pentagon.

I smelled the smoke. I saw what those *******s did to our citizens.

When the US Marshals closed the building I was in, I stood with them. Ready to render aid. I offered to get them lunch or water, so they could stay on post. Being part of a general evacuation was not a lot of fun.

In the park across the street, some wag yelled "bomb", another yelled "gun", the Marshals yelled "down", and ran into the park. They diden't draw their weapons.

An amazingly brave act.

I also came close to murder that day.

When I was able to move my car, I had to stop for fuel. There was an Exxon station some miles away. Two mid east types were working there. Pointing at the TV and laughing. Those guys are alive because of CCTV.

The Pentagon attack is one of the reasons Im here. Im working out the personal demons of that day. A little bit of payback for the *******s that attacked us.

I don't ever want to hear that brand of nonsence again.

Jack Crow in Iraq

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is just one thing wrong with their conspiracy theory. They themselves say "How can an airliner just disappear" - I'll throw that right back at them. If Flight 77 didn't crash into the Pentagon, WHERE ELSE HAS THE PLANE GONE? Aircraft don't just 'disappear', precisely what they said!

The problem is that the Internet gives any fool with the ability to create some snazzy presentation a pulpit to preach from, regardless of the authenticity of their message. It's good to see there are level heads here on CPF.