Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Order Notification Thread

Default Custom Order Notification Thread

Hi guys,
    I realized that not having a backup and redundant record or notes on these custom orders here on CPF might become a problem. I think it would be in everyone's better interest if you would post your intent to order along with any comments or follow up on the order here. I still will process and handle the orders via private E-mail.

Thanks! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Default Re: Custom Order Notification Thread

Don,
    Just e-mailed you my custom Aleph 1 order. TYOJ LuxIII, DB917, 2x123 body, 60ohm switch, and the tritium marker, all in black. Hope I got everything correct. Thanks,
    Brandon
    I can't actually be the first one to order one of these am I ? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Shipping out later today? Don, that's fantastic, thank you very much. You Are The Man!

Aleph1 head, TYOJ LuxIII, Wxxxxx [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img], 1x123 pak, McE2S 15ohm, Tritium insert - all in Raw AL. (Rest deleted as instructed) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif[/img]

Don,
    Very good idea for back up info. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]. This is my build info. for the Aleph-2 that we had discussed. A) Lux III (T bin)
    B) BB 750
    C) McE2S w/15 Ohm Resistor
    D) 1x123 Power pack
    E) 2- Tritium Vials in Tail Cap
    F) Black finish
    <font color="blue"> </font> Also engraving of Aleph 2 logo if it pans out.
    Thanks Don &amp; Keep-em bright in the night,
    Jeff

thnx for the reply Don. i wasn't getting impatient i was just concerned if my email would go through as i was using Microsoft Outlook....... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

re: my inquiry about getting a PR-T build, are you able to do glow powder? and if so, is there even room in the pr-t around the emitter to do it?

4x4, I have played with glow powder to a limited extent but I don't pretend to be an expert on the proper medium or methods. At present, I would not be comfortable offering this in my builds and frankly, I have been disappointed with the longgevity (sp) of the powders. The top of the black case of the Luxeon is visible in the Aleph 1 and Aleph 3 heads but only the LED lens is seen in the Aleph 2 head (not germane at present).

For "find me", I am more inclined to use the H3 (tritim vials) but of course they are expensive and not easy to get a hold of. Beyond the tailcaps I have already done with the H3 vials, I don't think I will be offering any more H3 set in the Al. I am thinking about offering some of the real small H3 vials (3 mm x .9 mmif I recall corectly) mounted on the LE next to the LED lens. Such an LE could not be used in the Aleph 2 though! I use an optic clear UV curing adhesive for monting the H3 vial and the results are pretty cool! Having the vial down near the focal pont of the reflector enhances the transmision of light from the vial out of the head and improves the visibiity of the "find me" . You can stand the light on its tail when you want the H3 to be visible and stand the light on its head when you don't. You could mount from one to probably 5 of the vials around the LED:

EDIT:

Noxiousbt, your's is not the first order but it is perfect and clear! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I think this thread will work well. The first E-mail you get from me will be notification of your light shipping out later today. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashlight and Barefoot one, I have both of you guys covered but you are starting a trend here that I want to stop right now! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I don't want orders here until they are based on materials I have on hand. By the time I have the Aleph 2 heads, hopefully your posts will be passed up by many other posts and not easy to refer back to. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

The rest of you wonderful supporters of my humble offerings, please don't post your build requests until or unless they consist of currently available components.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

ThankYou! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> </font> Hey Don,
    Sorry I must be confused again [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. I thought that you wanted the ordered builds listed here for back up info. sake, but didn't realize that you only wanted them listed when all the parts were available, sorry I guess I didn't understand. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img].
    I will try to do better [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img].
    Keep-em bright in the night,
    Jeff

Jeff,
    No worries but I hope you can understand that if this thread is on page 4 when the Aleph 2's are available, we can hardly refer back to "yesterday's" news easily.

I built an Aleph 1 two days ago in a BB750 1x123 format for someone who had made his request over a month ago. When it came time for me to contact him, I discovered that I couldn't go back and find any E-mail to or from him and had it been from a PM (don't like those things!!) the PM had been inadvertantly deleted. Long story short, the light has now been sent to someone else and this person, who I have no CPF name for, is likely still waiting and wondering about his light! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img]

Since I have never done business with him, I don't have any means of contacting him! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] This is another reason I request CPF name as well as real name and mailing address in the E-mail order. I immediately either update or add the mailing address to my postal software, name and build info in Excel and keep the latest E-mail live in my Inbox. An order for some time in the future just bogs the system down and I admit to having a marginal system going as well as trails get cold real fast! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] However, when I receive an order that I *can* process at the time, I believe my turnaround is real good and we all can get on with the program! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> </font> Don,
    I see your point, couldn't I just totally edit out the post? I don't mind doing this if it would help eliminate any confusion for the future no problem [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] just let me know.
    keep-em bright in the night,
    Jeff

Flashaholic

PP cash transfer has been sent Mr. McGizmo. And I can't say thanks enough for getting that built and shipped in less than 24 hours, a lot less. My first Mc-light. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]
    Thanks,
    Brandon

Brandon,
    I sincerly hope the light lives up to your expectations and gives you good service! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Jeff, really, no worries and I am glad to use you as an example of what NOT to do! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img]

Don,
    Okey-Dokey I can be used as an example of what not to do no problem [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . I still say keep-em bright in the night,
    Jeff <font color="red"> </font>

Okay,

Just posting here to be safe(email also sent).

1 complete HA-Nat PR-T head w/ BB500

"free gifts" welcome [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

YAY!!!

Flashaholic*

Hey Don:

I blew out half my brain cells (two) trying to figure all this out. Then I emailed you an order for the Aleph 1 in HA gray, with TYOJ LuxIII, DB917, 2x123 body, 60 ohm switch, tritium marker, swivel belt clip.

Thanks very much for this project. Josey

Cool Josey! You're running on twice what I have going! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Josey said:
    Hey Don:

I blew out half my brain cells (two) trying to figure all this out. Then I emailed you an order for the Aleph 1 in HA gray, with TYOJ LuxIII, DB917, 2x123 body, 60 ohm switch, tritium marker, swivel belt clip.

Thanks very much for this project. Josey

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice choice. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

mut

Flashaholic

Mr. McGizmo,

(1) complete Aleph 1 in HA Gray, BB500, 60 ohm switch, 1x123 pak and tritium tailcap.

(1)complete PR-T head.

(2) 60 ohm HA-Nat McE2s tailcaps.

Thanks!!

Here is my order :

here is my Order Aleph1 2x123 5W BB750 22ohm + 1x123 +17500 all dark gray HA:

- Aleph1 BB750 22ohm resistor
    - Exchange Lux III for 5W
    - Exchange pak for 2x123 pak with 2 SF 123 cells
    - Single tritium vial in tail cap
    - additional 1x123 paks
    - additional 1x17500

Thanks

Dizney and Marco,
    I got both your E-mails. Thanks! I will get on these builds later today and should have them finished in time to post tomorrow. When the deed is done, you will receive e-mail notification. Thanks again! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img] Edited to replace "Charlie" by "Don", what a mistake it could be the beginning of the disease of alzheimer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Don,
    Is it possible to order a surprised Aleph [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    I think you are best than me to make a choice for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    The only recommendation I can say is :
    Aleph1 Head
    No more than 1x123A pak
    Very white and bright (BB750, Lux III, XXXX bin ?)
    Tritium insert [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    MCe2S 15 Ohms
    and all in Raw AL

Could you make me a proposal ?
    And............a small time credit [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Email sent, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif[/img] Charlie. Welcome to CPF

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Uh, got to hand it to Frenchy! He is consistant and clear! I got an E-mail verbatim on this which I saw first and had some fun at his possible discomfort. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif[/img]

A "special" light will be made for my friend Pascal! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] There was something about identity theft..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Don, what I want is what you suggested in your e:mail to me.
    Aleph1-1x123 with tritium vial in the tail cap with
    the "NextGen" driver at around 750 mA.

Keith,
    Understood and I have you personally covered on this. However, I don't want to be taking orders in general for stuff I don't have yet! I think I explained it in the Pricing thread. It really bogs my system down carrying future builds forward in the spread sheet. Otherwise they would get lost.The next gen drivers are likely out towards the end of next month.

Dizney,
    You have e-mail for clarification needed on your order.

Flashaholic

Reply sent.........I'm not used to having flashlights built "my way" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif[/img]

Don, Don, Don, Don, Don, Don, Don, Don, Don [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

Many thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I'm just being vocal so you can count this towards the future in case your keeping track.