• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Order Notification Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I realized that not having a backup and redundant record or notes on these custom orders here on CPF might become a problem. I think it would be in everyone's better interest if you would post your intent to order along with any comments or follow up on the order here. I still will process and handle the orders via private E-mail.

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
Don,
Just e-mailed you my custom Aleph 1 order. TYOJ LuxIII, DB917, 2x123 body, 60ohm switch, and the tritium marker, all in black. Hope I got everything correct. Thanks,
Brandon
I can't actually be the first one to order one of these am I ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Shipping out later today? Don, that's fantastic, thank you very much. You Are The Man!

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aleph1 head, TYOJ LuxIII, Wxxxxx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif, 1x123 pak, McE2S 15ohm, Tritium insert - all in Raw AL. (Rest deleted as instructed) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Barefootone

Enlightened
Don,
Very good idea for back up info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif. This is my build info. for the Aleph-2 that we had discussed. A) Lux III (T bin)
B) BB 750
C) McE2S w/15 Ohm Resistor
D) 1x123 Power pack
E) 2- Tritium Vials in Tail Cap
F) Black finish
<font color="blue"> </font> Also engraving of Aleph 2 logo if it pans out.
Thanks Don & Keep-em bright in the night,
Jeff

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
thnx for the reply Don. i wasn't getting impatient i was just concerned if my email would go through as i was using Microsoft Outlook....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

re: my inquiry about getting a PR-T build, are you able to do glow powder? and if so, is there even room in the pr-t around the emitter to do it?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
4x4, I have played with glow powder to a limited extent but I don't pretend to be an expert on the proper medium or methods. At present, I would not be comfortable offering this in my builds and frankly, I have been disappointed with the longgevity (sp) of the powders. The top of the black case of the Luxeon is visible in the Aleph 1 and Aleph 3 heads but only the LED lens is seen in the Aleph 2 head (not germane at present).

For "find me", I am more inclined to use the H3 (tritim vials) but of course they are expensive and not easy to get a hold of. Beyond the tailcaps I have already done with the H3 vials, I don't think I will be offering any more H3 set in the Al. I am thinking about offering some of the real small H3 vials (3 mm x .9 mmif I recall corectly) mounted on the LE next to the LED lens. Such an LE could not be used in the Aleph 2 though! I use an optic clear UV curing adhesive for monting the H3 vial and the results are pretty cool! Having the vial down near the focal pont of the reflector enhances the transmision of light from the vial out of the head and improves the visibiity of the "find me" . You can stand the light on its tail when you want the H3 to be visible and stand the light on its head when you don't. You could mount from one to probably 5 of the vials around the LED:

H3-LED.jpg

EDIT:

Noxiousbt, your's is not the first order but it is perfect and clear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I think this thread will work well. The first E-mail you get from me will be notification of your light shipping out later today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flashlight and Barefoot one, I have both of you guys covered but you are starting a trend here that I want to stop right now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I don't want orders here until they are based on materials I have on hand. By the time I have the Aleph 2 heads, hopefully your posts will be passed up by many other posts and not easy to refer back to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The rest of you wonderful supporters of my humble offerings, please don't post your build requests until or unless they consist of currently available components.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ThankYou! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Barefootone

Enlightened
<font color="blue"> </font> Hey Don,
Sorry I must be confused again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I thought that you wanted the ordered builds listed here for back up info. sake, but didn't realize that you only wanted them listed when all the parts were available, sorry I guess I didn't understand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif.
I will try to do better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif.
Keep-em bright in the night,
Jeff

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Jeff,
No worries but I hope you can understand that if this thread is on page 4 when the Aleph 2's are available, we can hardly refer back to "yesterday's" news easily.

I built an Aleph 1 two days ago in a BB750 1x123 format for someone who had made his request over a month ago. When it came time for me to contact him, I discovered that I couldn't go back and find any E-mail to or from him and had it been from a PM (don't like those things!!) the PM had been inadvertantly deleted. Long story short, the light has now been sent to someone else and this person, who I have no CPF name for, is likely still waiting and wondering about his light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Since I have never done business with him, I don't have any means of contacting him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif This is another reason I request CPF name as well as real name and mailing address in the E-mail order. I immediately either update or add the mailing address to my postal software, name and build info in Excel and keep the latest E-mail live in my Inbox. An order for some time in the future just bogs the system down and I admit to having a marginal system going as well as trails get cold real fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif However, when I receive an order that I *can* process at the time, I believe my turnaround is real good and we all can get on with the program! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barefootone

Enlightened
<font color="blue"> </font> Don,
I see your point, couldn't I just totally edit out the post? I don't mind doing this if it would help eliminate any confusion for the future no problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif just let me know.
keep-em bright in the night,
Jeff

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
PP cash transfer has been sent Mr. McGizmo. And I can't say thanks enough for getting that built and shipped in less than 24 hours, a lot less. My first Mc-light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Thanks,
Brandon

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Brandon,
I sincerly hope the light lives up to your expectations and gives you good service! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jeff, really, no worries and I am glad to use you as an example of what NOT to do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Barefootone

Enlightened
Don,
Okey-Dokey I can be used as an example of what not to do no problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif . I still say keep-em bright in the night,
Jeff <font color="red"> </font>

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay,

Just posting here to be safe(email also sent).

1 complete HA-Nat PR-T head w/ BB500

"free gifts" welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

YAY!!!

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Don:

I blew out half my brain cells (two) trying to figure all this out. Then I emailed you an order for the Aleph 1 in HA gray, with TYOJ LuxIII, DB917, 2x123 body, 60 ohm switch, tritium marker, swivel belt clip.

Thanks very much for this project. Josey

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool Josey! You're running on twice what I have going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Josey said:
Hey Don:

I blew out half my brain cells (two) trying to figure all this out. Then I emailed you an order for the Aleph 1 in HA gray, with TYOJ LuxIII, DB917, 2x123 body, 60 ohm switch, tritium marker, swivel belt clip.

Thanks very much for this project. Josey

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice choice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mut

Dizney

Newly Enlightened
Mr. McGizmo,

(1) complete Aleph 1 in HA Gray, BB500, 60 ohm switch, 1x123 pak and tritium tailcap.

(1)complete PR-T head.

(2) 60 ohm HA-Nat McE2s tailcaps.

Thanks!!

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Here is my order :

here is my Order Aleph1 2x123 5W BB750 22ohm + 1x123 +17500 all dark gray HA:

- Aleph1 BB750 22ohm resistor
- Exchange Lux III for 5W
- Exchange pak for 2x123 pak with 2 SF 123 cells
- Single tritium vial in tail cap
- additional 1x123 paks
- additional 1x17500

Thanks

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Dizney and Marco,
I got both your E-mails. Thanks! I will get on these builds later today and should have them finished in time to post tomorrow. When the deed is done, you will receive e-mail notification. Thanks again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.