2. Nexgen 750 Lux3 T
    3. Tritium in tail cap
    4. 15ohms McE2s
    5. Bare alu iof available
    6. Single 123 body
    Thanks.

Default Re: Custom Order Notification Thread

Hi guys,
    There are some issues that have recently come to light regarding the use of the NexGens with the two stage switch platform. Because of this and not knowing yet to what extent I will be dealing with returns, I am shutting down on taking new orders until the dust settles. Those orders already in the works will be processed within the next day or two.

Sengoku1986, this NexGen issue effects you so I am going to hold on your build until we get this sorted out.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Does this affect my MM+ order?

Hey guys,
    Orders in process will be completed by this evening unless more unexpected stuff comes up! The one exception being with Sengoku1986; we need to discuss the NexGen order here! The Aleph program is not complete yet and I am still juggling some design, R&D and parts ordering, anodizing and what have you along with the builds. I will probably keep the new order "window" closed foracouplemore days just to give me a chance to get caught up on some behind the scenes stuff.

More data and discussion on the NexGen and low level issue is continuing and I am not sure yet how this will pan out. In moving forward with new orders, I know that I can only support the NexGen in its high and regulated mode of operation and I am not sure if low should be disabled where the customer can enable it but accept it whether it is flawed or not?!?! Stay tuned! I should add that I do get orders in E-mails that are not referenced here in this thread and in some cases, the customer does not seem to be keeping track of what's going on, here in the forum. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] Needless to say, this adds to the time required in communcation and takes away from bench time.

Flashaholic

Any idea when new orders will be taken? I have another light I would like buit, yep it is a NG1000, I am very happy with the one I have and I will accept the risk of some flicker (no problem with my current NG 1000).

Order sent for one 2x123 paks( HA-nat?) and one Aleph 2 head .

Thanks,

Pietro

Hi guys,
    I haven't turned the "Open" sign around yet because I am madly trying to get some parts machined prior to plating as well as some *new* stuff moved along in process! However, having the sign closed is keeping those of you who are being kind to me from ordering while others who are either lurkers or non CPF members continue to contact me and in some cases the E-munication can be rather lenghtly and time consuming! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It isn't fair to those of you who are complying with my wishes for some "down time" so I guess I'll open the door and when I get too crazed, I can just start screwing up and scare further business away!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img]

PS. This does not apply to gladius here! He has been and will continue to be a good customer and good guy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

E-mail sent concerning McE2S-T
    Topper [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif[/img]

Pietro

Hello Don,
    Email order submitted for:
    1 base light in Black/Grey HA, McE2S w/ 15 Ohms resistor,1x123 pack, Aleph 1 head
    Exchange converter for Nexgen 1000 (aware of the issues with the McE2S, understood that it is at my own risk)
    Single tritium vial in tail cap opposite tab mount
    Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Catman,
    Your light is up on deck and should mail out tomorrow. Thanks.

Don,
    Please make me two of your McE2S Trim tailcaps in HA-Natural. One with a 15 ohm resistor ($50) to use on a KL1/E1-E2 and one with a 22 ohm resistor ($50) to use on a stock L4 (I'll probably be using Pila 168s rechargables as well as 123's). After reading the posts it seems that these ohm choices are good levels.

Also send me one KL1 host: HA-Nat 1x123 pak, SF CR123, HA-Nat McE2S-Trim (15 ohm) $70 I want to use your host on a KL4 head and occasionally on a KL1 head. I'll also most likely be using rechargable 123's with this setup as well as a lithium 123.

Please advise on the ohm choices. I've tried to do my homework prior to posting but am always open to suggetions.

Email sent to dmcleish@pacbell.net

Flashaholic

Don I sent an email ordering an Aleph1 with DB917 LE $130.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif[/img] for my November 14th order. I've emailed a confirmation question as well.
    Thanks

Hi to all the experts on this board. Please help me with some advice and answers.
    I would like to order an Aleph 3, anodized any color but black, the nice tailcap on the right (McE2S?), 1 X 123 Body, Nexgen 1000 and Tritium in the tailcap.
    What resistor is recommened and what is a EN Tab? Also what is a PR and PT-T? Or a DB917?
    TIA
    BTW, I've read about the "Flicker Effect" and I'll take my chance.

sunspot ... have a look at the ALEPH-FAQ thread that resides as a sticky in this forum and you will find all the answers you are looking for [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    bernhard

in short:
    - Aleph3 is HAIII dark grey only
    - Tailcap exists in two variations ... stabndard and trim ... you choose the resistor
    - resistor of 15 ohms should be best
    - EN tab is a cell phone agttachment button that can be screwed in the fat McE2S cap to store the light like a phone
    - PR = Pelican reflector similar to the newer and better McR-27 McGizmo Aleph reflector
    - PR-T is a McLux PR/T head of trhe first McLux-Series. It is similar to the Aleph1 in characteristics and reflector and still available in limited quantity
    - DB917 is a DownBoy driver from dat2zip biased at 917mA drive level
    - flicker isn't that bad ... no problem for me

bernhard

Thanks for the answers bernhard. This will be my first light from Don. I've always admired his craftsmanship and I an now in a position to own one of his pieces. Here goes.

Aleph 3, 1000 Nexgen, HA-III Grey, McE2S, 1X123 Body and a 15 ohm two stage.

You will be pleased [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] !
    But know this ... as far as experience goes, the NexGen will not be able to support the 1000mA on 1x123, at least not for a significant period of time. Li-Ion is a differernt story and those can provide the 1000mA.
    The most "reasonable" setting for a pure 1x123 usage is an output biased at 750mA.
    bernhard

Hi Dana! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Cool! Actually Bernhard is correct but what he doesn't know is that I am planning on offering 6 of the lights you have just brought up, in HA-Nat later this week. Now understand that the anodize is not consistant in tint from part to part but typical of HAIII-Nat when parts are run in different batches. There is also some grain and what have you visible in the finish. If you would prefer one of these, please let me know in the E-mail that I assume you will be sending me as your order! Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
    snip ... Bernhard is correct but what he doesn't know ... snip

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I *love* a conversation like this [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif[/img]

Now that you announced those lights ... do you really think that you will have anything left to offer "later this week" my friend? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img]

bernhard

EDIT: actually, I am trying *very hard* to convince myself that I really do not need one of those ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif[/img] ... really hard.

bernhard. Thanks for the advice. If Don will offer the light as described above, HA-NAT, In Nexgen 750, I'll buy one.

Don. I already sent you the email. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif[/img] in 750 or 1000 in HA-NAT.
    Only 5 left. HeHe

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] great light Dana !
    I am sure a lot of guys will envy you for it ... I already know one of those [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bernhard

Dana,
    I have NOT received an E-mail from you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

I got your email address from your profile. I'll resend it tonight.

Dana,
    Well your light is boxed and waiting to be mailed but I have no mailing address. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

This is probably a good time to reiterate my request of all of you guys to please keep the E-mail threads intact and please provide a clear request or even itemized list, apart from the discussion, about what it is I am making for you. I need your mailing address. I need your real name and CPF handle!

I delete all but the last E-mail communication from you as I have too many to keep multiples of. On ocassion when I have to go into the trash to find a missing piece of information it gets ugly! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    McGizmo said:
    I delete all but the last E-mail communication from you as I have too many to keep multiples of. On ocassion when I have to go into the trash to find a missing piece of information it gets ugly! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Don, you may consider giving Gmail (Google Mail) a try. It groups all emails to/from same person with the same subject as one "conversation"; very easy to go back and forth. And with 1GB storage, you can also forget about deleting emails.

Thanks lak but I have been using NetScape mail for about 10 years or how ever long it has been and I have business e-mails along with these and I have enough challenges sticking with one E-mail system! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] Ultimately, I like to be working with the bare essentials of the build specifics and having the mailing address already input into my postage software.

Sunspot's light has been sitting in an unlabeled priority mail box all day as I have been waiting for his mailing address. I got an order from Chop and in my haste and on auto pilot, after printing the mailing label for Chop, I stuck it on the Priority Box close at hand and went and put it in the USPS drop box across the street. Unfortunately, instead of the parts Chop needs, I just mailed Dana's light to Chop by mistake! I have no extra room for staging or storage or organization, for that matter! I have devised a system that will work if I can process these requests in the manner I have requested. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Don, just received my Aleph 2 NG1000, running it on a Pila. It is excellent. Thank you very much for the quality of your work and service. Your products are great!!!!!

BTW no flicker with the 15 ohm resistor after heat soaking on high. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif[/img]

Hey ... Netscape mail! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Me too .... that would then make two users of this diminishing programm worldwide [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    bernie

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast