Peak AA or AAA Luxeon?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone mentioned "Peak LED Solutions is working on AAA and AA versions of variable intesity Luxeon keychain lights." (Thanks BentHead)

Anyone have mroe information on this? Updated ETA or pricing info, specs?

Thanks for the help.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Variable intensity?

Not sure about that but MJ mentioned in a thread that she would be posting an update soon. Unless I've missed it she has not committed to a time frame.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
PocketBeam,
I went back over some of MJ's posts and she said they are working on "small Luxeon lights" and "adjustable intensity" lights. She never quite said they would both be in the same light, but it would make sense.
I put it this way, there are Luxeon single AAA lights out there (Lambda MicroIlluminator) that light has been out over a year and works well. This is a modified light so imagine what a flashlight company could build.
Arc is out of it because of concentrating on the Arc4 and getting production of the AAA/AA ramped back up. It is a shame because CPF'ers have been pestering Arc for several years to build a luxeon AAA/AA.
Surefire only builds lithium 123a lights and has enough problems producing enough of their regular lights without worrying about the single AAA/AA keychain market. Cancel them out.
Inova, Pelican and Gerber could build one, but there is no indication they would put forth the effort. If you can sell 25,000 of them quickly, they will leave it alone.
This leaves Peak, they respond to the market quickly...very quickly! Their creed is to build high quality single cell lights to moving to Luxeons is a natural. If there is any company out there that can do it, I would nominate Peak. It just makes sense that they would be working on a "crown jewel" for their line.
Hopefully, when I get back in January from my world tour... the AAA Luxeon should be ramping up so I can get one for my birthday in mid-February.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to agree that Peak is the only manufacture that sees the true opportunity here. Kind of makes you scratch your head a bit but what the heck, at least Peck will do a good job when they finally come out with it. The only concern I have is that Peak seems to make there lights a tad bit bigger then they have to be. MJ, PLEASE make one that fits on your keychain easily, no larger then an Arc AAA.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lebkuecher,
She will have to make the head a little larger than the body so to not violate a M*g trademark. That is OK though, more cooling and larger optics are good things.

Latest posts